Thoughts on Bounts (Get paid for walking)

Options

Comments

• spwwuk
    Options
    16000 points and not a rat's chance in hell of spending them on anything I want. Just submitted my refund request!
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    Options
    *katie* wrote: »
    Hi all, is anyone else having issues with Bounts syncing with Moves? I've just got a new phone and it's not working ):

Also does anyone know how to stop it repeatedly asking me to sync with Google Fit? It does this everytime I open the app

I finally got a response from customer services on this. You need to update the bounts app. Then it will sync
  • SG27
    Options
    *katie* wrote: »
    Hi all, is anyone else having issues with Bounts syncing with Moves? I've just got a new phone and it's not working ):

Also does anyone know how to stop it repeatedly asking me to sync with Google Fit? It does this everytime I open the app

I finally got a response from customer services on this. You need to update the bounts app. Then it will sync
  • geezadude999
    Options
    Bounts shop is so frustrating; I've been with them 9 months, Premium for 7 & in all that time they haven't had any vouchers in the shop that I want!
    If it was free I wouldn't mind, however I'm paying for a service that I'm not receiving, an answer that "vouchers sometimes go out of stock" is not good enough.
    It's an excellent principal to get people more active but they need to back it up with achievable results/awards!
  • Bugalugs
    Bugalugs Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have cancelled my Premium membership because it's become clear that my chances of actually 'cashing' in my points are almost null. There is a complete refusal from Bounts to acknowledge that users used to be able to do this with relatively few problems - okay, perhaps you couldn't always get 'Amazon', but there would be a few other choices and you could choose to wait or 'spend' them immediately.

Also, since the ios 10 upgrade, my check-ins aren't working. I'm a creature of habit, so as well as this being the same gym that I always went to and check-ins happened without any problems, I also normally use exactly the same machines/locations within the gym. In attempting to bring this up, I've seen that we are now advised that as well as vouchers being a 'hunt' rather than a guarantee (so I'm not sure how you can get "paid to exercise"?) check-ins are "best efforts".

Even when you ask politely, your questions are either ignored or given a patronising response to make it look as though you're being greedy. No, I just want the experience to work correctly!
  • Lavendyr
    Lavendyr Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My experience exactly Bugalugs - they blocked me from their Facebook account for asking a genuine question in reply to their founder's rather patronising message which suggested that Bounts wasn't intended for people who wanted to be rewarded. I queried what it actually was intended for, since the only benefit I'd seen was the rewards. I got no answer and was simply blocked. I then asked on Twitter why I couldn't reply to posts any more and they just didn't reply.

I have no interest in dealing with a company like that so I cancelled my subscription. I was paying monthly so it was quite easy to cancel, and I'd paid £4.50 and received £10 of vouchers through sheer persistence on the shop - so I didn't do badly overall, but the company has a horrible attitude and they seem desperate to ignore the issues and insist they are a going concern. Personally I'd be worried about their solvency.
  • jmclusky
    jmclusky Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After weeks of frustration trying to redeem my 4000 or so points, I've bitten the bullet and have submitted a complaint to the ASA. When their website claims you can earn £200+ of rewards a year and yet they can't keep items in stock for more than a minute then they must be called out on it...
  • SG27
    Options
    JohnR1978 wrote: »
    How many points do people have?

I have 21085
    :-(

John

I have 4555. Plus about 30 reward wheel spuns i cant be bothered with!
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am on the free one and have about 5000 points, got spins too,not sure howmany
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    To glance at the week you have a 1 in 2 chance of no win, 1 in 6 chance of a free spin and 1 in 3 chance of winning a prize. I had 25 spins and thought I have 5 minutes so what the hell let's see what I get.

8 free spins, 4 prizes and the rest were no prize. All 4 prizes were 5 pointers. I'm sure I've played one arm bandit machines with a more generous payout!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure