Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    The small things certainly do add up! Even the things that become habit, so you tend to forget them, such as taking food into work and meal planning.

Talking of small things, the free chocs from BG turned up yesterday. I was hoping they could be used as part of a present at some point. Unfortunately the birthdays have come and gone that I thought I could use them for and those coming up wouldn't appreciate them. Might have to eat them!

The weather is indeed lovely and pony has been walked lots, sadly for my step count last week it was mostly by DH due to schedules clashing etc. I enjoyed getting out yesterday though with pony & dog. Planning to ride my handsome boy today :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Lots of preparations going on here for family stopping over and parties for DGS birthday at the end of the week. We had to buy a new bed for the spare room and have a whole load of stuff to take to the tip.

I still managed to get most of the paperwork up to date, just one more expenses claim to do, all the others are complete and shuffled over into personal accounts.

Having a nightmare changing the DD for V1rgin as there are only about 3 days in the month they will let you do it due to timing of bill and DD etc and I've just missed it :(

I'm just trying to work out what is left that will require money before the end of the month, most of the purchasing is now done and my account is looking woeful. I knew it would be a bad month! A food shop has just been delivered which should see us through.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Yesterday I was awake at silly o clock, so made use of the time and completed the last expenses claim from the business that was outstanding. Transferred over the £321.99 to 123 and also had interest paid of £23.97, this takes the savings to 55% of the target for this year, it's looking like we might meet this target :j

More good news as well that a large job we are working on will be carrying on for a while longer, so that will boost the money in the business account.

Also family member returned some money they had borrowed years and years ago. This is earmarked for DD2 big birthday this year, but does mean we won't need to find the money from elsewhere for the birthday.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a very good use of time, EE! Good for you. And your income/savings targets are more than on track, obviously :) well done!

Sounds like you didn't expect to see the family member money ever again - very good to hear that they've taken action, must be a feel good feeling.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Thanks KC, everything is feeling quite positive on the money front despite a very low bank account!

Lots of family things going on this weekend. Also hoping to get out for some fresh air as feel like I've been cooped up all week.

Have a great weekend everyone :D
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you have a lovely family weekend planned - have a great time and I hope the weather is kind to you
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Happy weekend. Its a bit rainy here.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Yes very rainy here too yesterday, managed to dodge the showers whilst riding and walking the dog, but got drenched walking from the car to DGS birthday party. Even got splashed as a passing car went through a puddle :eek:

I received a belated birthday present this weekend, a M&s gift card. Combined with a 20% sparks offer and TCB gives me 2 pairs of jeans for around £4.50 :money:

I was also thinking yesterday that I could get a bit smarter with my food shopping. I nearly always order online and pay with my debit card, so started looking at cash back credit cards. It seems a good one for this would be the Halifax one, so I've taken the plunge to set up the current account. Hoping for the switching bonus and the monthly bonus as well as setting up the card for the shopping. Also mooching around mse site trying to decide what to do about the ISA that matures in June. It's only 6K, but can't decide whether I would be better off transferring it into the bigger ISA that I'm subscribed to, or there is space in the 123 account for it, decisions decisions!
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I may have eaten a whole Easter egg yesterday whilst doing some paperwork! :EasterBun

All back to normal now, with festivities over and all family back home.

Managed to dodge the rain again yesterday and got out with the horses. Listed two items on eb@y, that has been on my to do list for ages. All up to date with paperwork and started a project for a customer. Quite a productive day :)
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Haha there are no easter eggs left at mine to eat so the fact you have resisted so long is amazing in my books!

Sounds like you had a fab weekend and it would make sense to look at cashback etc!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure