Amazon Codes only thread (No Chat)

Options

Comments

• banjobob_2
    banjobob_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Promo Code: BIGTHANKS

Amazon are offering £10 off of £50 when spent with them for today only.

Looking at the terms it is only for items sold by them, not valid on the Marketplace or Fulfilled by Amazon items.

It may be of use to someone none the less.

Terms copied below:

Enjoy £10 off any order over £50 with promo code BIGTHANKS
    This offer ends on August 3, 2015. One per customer. The offer applies to items dispatched from and sold by Amazon only. It does not apply to items sold by third-party sellers, including items Fulfilled by Amazon. More details below.
    Consumers across Britain have chosen Amazon as the nation’s #1 retailer according to a new Havas survey of 20,000 consumers. To say thank you to our customers, we're offering £10 off any order over £50 with promotional code BIGTHANKS.
    Read the Havas press release

Spend £50 or more in a single transaction (on a single item or on multiple items) dispatched from and sold by Amazon at the website https://www.amazon.co.uk (“Qualifying Items”) and £10 will be deducted from your total order value when you enter promotional code BIGTHANKS at checkout (the “Offer”). This Offer applies only to products dispatched from and sold by Amazon, excluding baby products, digital products (Audible, Digital Documents, Digital Video Download, Digital Music Service, Digital EBook Purchase, Digital Software, Digital Video Games, Mobile Apps), gift cards (Gift Card, Gift Certificates, etc.), and delivery and handling charges. It cannot be redeemed on products sold by Amazon.co.uk Marketplace platform (including items Fulfilled by Amazon), at any of Amazon.co.uk’s Trusted Partner sites or at any other Amazon site, for example Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.fr or Amazon.it. Each customer may claim a maximum of one Offer. This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or on any pre-existing orders. This Offer ends at 23:59 BST on Monday, August 3, 2015.

How to Claim:

Add any Qualifying Items with a combined value of at least £50 (the “Minimum Purchase”) to your Shopping Basket via the “Add to Basket” button. You cannot use the 1-Click ordering method when redeeming a promotional code.
    When you’re done shopping, click the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
    At checkout, enter the promotional code (BIGTHANKS) in the “Gift Cards and Promotional Codes” box. The Offer will then be applied to your order, reducing the cost of your total order value by £10.
  • hertzyabazas
    hertzyabazas Posts: 33,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 August 2015 at 6:53PM
    Options
    Reduced from £129.99 down to £49.99 and an extra £7 off with the code LOAG6OOC

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00X9JJ3CU/

also

Inateck 6.6A/33W 2-Port USB Car Charger with Built-in Apple MFI Certificated Lightning Cable for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Nexus and More, A 1.2m/ 4ft Micro USB Cable Included

reduced from £39.99 down to £21.99 and an extra £4.5 off with the code SPMEUORM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WDWPOF4/

or

4-Port USB Car Charger

£32.99 down to £15.99 and an extra £2 off with the code 8T9TEWN6

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WDWCW5Y/
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    redfox wrote: »
    Codes aren't permitted on the Grabbit board and the thread has been moved to the correct board. If in doubt please read the forum rule. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

A wonderful policy.........and one of the key reasons that deals like this are so well concealed from members of MSE and so visible to members of HUKD.

Which means, of course, that HUKD now picks up all the Grabbit traffic that people used to come to MSE for, a long, long time ago.

Do the words 'shooting' 'foot' and 'oneself' spring to mind, along with 'in the'? :rotfl:
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,948 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    A wonderful policy.........and one of the key reasons that deals like this are so well concealed from members of MSE and so visible to members of HUKD.

Which means, of course, that HUKD now picks up all the Grabbit traffic that people used to come to MSE for, a long, long time ago.

Do the words 'shooting' 'foot' and 'oneself' spring to mind, along with 'in the'? :rotfl:

To be fair, it really is quite easy to post all info on the grabbit board and include a link to where the discount code is :cool:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    To be fair, it really is quite easy to post all info on the grabbit board and include a link to where the discount code is :cool:
    To be fair, I did precisely that quite early yesterday morning after my first post about the Amazon one day deal had been removed from the Grabbit board.

But that second post, just containing a link to the other board, was removed.

And the result? Very few people just using MSE would have known about the £10 off £50 Amazon deal available yesterday, which is a bit of a joke, isn't it, given that MSE is supposed to be a money-saving website!

No skin off my nose - why should I care? It doesn't impact on me in any way. But it is yet another example of why so many of us now regard https://www.hotukdeals.com as the only place worth looking for deals - MSE is now largely irrelevant for deals.

There's a lesson there for MSE - it's all lost traffic, and MSE's loss is HUKD's gain. :)
  • radu_
    radu_ Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    so many of us now regard https://www.hotukdeals.com as the only place worth looking for deals - MSE is now largely irrelevant for deals.

I noticed that people do that. I don't contribute much here but I usually come here for general advice rather that deals.

HotUKDeals gets a lot of the "deals traffic" but isn't as good as people make it out to be though. Deals for new cars (in the most random garages - not nationwide) get hundreds of votes and end up on the front page. What's up with that? Do hundreds of people flood that dealership?
    Also, they do a really good job of hiding anything that might be seen as helping out a 'competitor' even if it saves their users money.
  • The_Last_Username
    Options
    Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature Complete Starter Kit, RRP £120
    In Asda now at £60
    So Amazon are matching that price; £60 BUT if you join Amazon Family (it's free as a trial & includes Prime if you don't have that already) and quote "BABYFMLY15" in the discount code section at the Amazon Checkout it'll come to £45 delivered next day! :T
    Here:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Complete-Starter/dp/B00OEAWLMC

Contents/comparison with Essentials Kit:
    http://www.paul-lee.co.uk/reviews/tommee-tippee-closer-to-nature-complete-starter-kit/

This is the cheapest this has been for a while though Amazon do tend to do this kit at this price (£60) about twice per year.

Don't forget to cancel Amazon Prime before the month is up if you don't want to pay £79 for a year's subscription. ;)
  • Delia_Cardei
    Options
    Morning all. :j
    Guess what? I got a surprise from Amazon. :rotfl:You know abt days ago I was looking for a new home security cctv, I added the 4 channel cctv dvr to my cart but then I forgot it since my husband brought a secondhand one from one of his friend. And this morning when I do my regular check email work, I find that I receive a email which says I can get 20% OFF of the product with coupon code.

Think it a good deal and I have no chance to use it. I’d share it.
    4 chanel 960H CCTV DVR video surveillance recorder with 2x 900TVL outdoor bullet cameras at Amazon via Oxford Street --a third party seller, costs £68.79 after discount with FS.

The email says that the sale is 20% off with coupon code RBBUZS5Z and ends on 08/27. HTH.
    Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them. :p
  • wendy1201
    wendy1201 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    uh, there is another Lenovo item on amazon~~Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet (Intel Atom Z3745 1.86 GHz, 2 GB LP DDR3 RAM , 16 GB EMMC Memory, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, 8 MP(Rear) and 1.6 MP HD(Front) Camera, Android 4.4) - 8 Inch, Silver
    Price:£149.00.
    Amazon promotional codes:35% - OFT545ZT.

Brand Lenovo
    Item Weight 417 g
    Product Dimensions 22.4 x 6 x 16 cm
    Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Codes aren't permitted on the Grabbit board and the thread has been moved to the correct board. If in doubt please read the forum rule. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure