Change Eon Tariff

Options
jwatt
jwatt Posts: 9 Forumite
I am currently on Eon's

E.ON MSE Fixed 1 Collective Sept 2015

and on checking my account I am informed that if I change to Eon's

E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v19 I will save money.

Can I just switch online within my online account without any penalty?
Free from work, finally retired :j

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, but you will go on to a new tariff that has exit fees of £60 if you switch suppliers (but not E.oN tariffs) in the future. That said, it is worth doing a full comparison first to see if v19 is your best option.
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jwatt wrote: »
    I am currently on Eon's

Hiya jwatt,

Yep you can change from one E.ON tariff to another without having to pay any exit fee's.

As Hengus says, always have a good look at all the details to make sure it's the best one for you :D

Thank you and here if you need me.

Helena :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The OP is already on a tariff with a £60 exit fee, so in that respect v.19 is no different.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    V19 Online is one of the most competitive, however if your coming towards the end of your non EON deal, consider waiting for the MSE collective switch on 2/2/16 to see if it beats it.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • twokcc
    twokcc Posts: 243 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2016 at 9:05AM
    Options
    jwatt wrote: »
    I am currently on Eon's

Same here and been looking at this and having done some calcs seems to be a decent saving by switching gas (so only £30 penalty). Cheapest supplier at moment for gas only would appear to be SSE 1 Year Fixed v4 (paperless billing). This would appear to give about £100 saving before £30 penalty for 13500kwhp.a. if my calculations correct. The SSE tariff introduced about a week ago question is switch now or wait and see if even cheaper deal available?

Checking electric only eon V19 is cheapest tarrif and less than £1 cheaper p.a.unfortunately cant find tariff v19 listed on gas comparison so cant save what saving would be for switching to another EON tariff.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Options
    That tariff is not available as gas only. Dual fuel or electric only.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Options
    I'm currently on E.ON uSwitch Fixed 1 Collective Oct 15, and for me v19 appears identical except the gas unit price is ~5.5% cheaper, and the electricity is ~2.9% more expensive.

Curiously the E.ON site says that v19 would be more expensive for me, but that's because it's making some rather bizarre assumptions about my usage, it particular it assumes my annual gas usage is ~3700kWh, whereas in reality it is normally ~10000kWh. I've no idea where they got that figure from, but it does result in rather misleading advice.
    Stompa
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    I'm currently on E.ON uSwitch Fixed 1 Collective Oct 15, and for me v19 appears identical except the gas unit price is ~5.5% cheaper, and the electricity is ~2.9% more expensive.

Curiously the E.ON site says that v19 would be more expensive for me, but that's because it's making some rather bizarre assumptions about my usage, it particular it assumes my annual gas usage is ~3700kWh, whereas in reality it is normally ~10000kWh. I've no idea where they got that figure from, but it does result in rather misleading advice.

Hiya Stompa

Can you just remind me how long we've supplied you for? If it's less than a year then that might be the reason for the random usage figures, otherwise I'd need to look in to a bit more for you.

If you'd like me too?

Helena :)
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Options
    Can you just remind me how long we've supplied you for? If it's less than a year then that might be the reason for the random usage figures, otherwise I'd need to look in to a bit more for you.

If you'd like me too?

I've only been with E.On for 4 months, and wondered if that might be the reason. Though I'd have thought you'd be able to generate a more realistic annual usage estimate from my meter readings so far, or alternatively use my own estimated usage that I provided when I moved to E.On (on which you based my DD amounts).

No need to look into it, I can easily plug the relevant numbers into a spreadsheet.

Thanks.
    Stompa
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    I've only been with E.On for 4 months, and wondered if that might be the reason. Though I'd have thought you'd be able to generate a more realistic annual usage estimate from my meter readings so far, or alternatively use my own estimated usage that I provided when I moved to E.On (on which you based my DD amounts).

No need to look into it, I can easily plug the relevant numbers into a spreadsheet.

Thanks.

I agree, think that's it :o

Feedback also taken on board thank you.

You know where I am if you do need me:D

Helena
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure