Yodel & OFFICE Shoes

Options
teleporter12
teleporter12 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 9 February 2016 at 11:37PM in Consumer rights
Straight after I emailed OFFICE telling them about the situation, a few hours later I received a response saying this:
Hi
Thanks for your email.
The courier have contact us and stated that you have confirmed of being in receipt of the parcel.
At this stage we would not be able to process further.
Thanks

So apparently I'm in hold with the parcel when i'm not. Office probably won't do anything about it.

As a consumer what can I do? Can I contact my bank and get my money back?

Please advice on what I can do about this.

Thanks

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I purchased a pair of Nike trainers which cost me about £55 from OFFICE Shoes and was dispatched on the 19/01/16.

On YODEL the tracking says its been delivered on 22/01/16 8PM however it hasn't. I was home all day and nothing came through the post. No card was left and it isn't with my neighbour. I contacted YODEL and they said they will interview the driver within 2 days.

Straight after I emailed OFFICE telling them about the situation, a few hours later I received a response saying this:

So apparently I'm in hold with the parcel when i'm not. Office probably won't do anything about it.

You go back to Office and tell them you dont have your item.
  • teleporter12
    Options
    Well they said they won't take it further..
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well they said they won't take it further..
    Then you need to persist. Tell them to provide evidence that the parcel has been delivered because as far as you're concerned it hasn't, or it's been delivered to an incorrect address.
  • teleporter12
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Then you need to persist. Tell them to provide evidence that the parcel has been delivered because as far as you're concerned it hasn't, or it's been delivered to an incorrect address.

I contacted them again on twitter, hopefully should get a response back tomorrow
  • Yodel_representative
    Yodel_representative Posts: 37 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I purchased a pair of Nike trainers which cost me about £55 from OFFICE Shoes and was dispatched on the 19/01/16.

On YODEL the tracking says its been delivered on 22/01/16 8PM however it hasn't. I was home all day and nothing came through the post. No card was left and it isn't with my neighbour. I contacted YODEL and they said they will interview the driver within 2 days.

So apparently I'm in hold with the parcel when i'm not. Office probably won't do anything about it. My address is quite difficult to find and when I usually order takeaways, I get calls from the delivery driver for assistance so I won't be surprised if the driver did something silly. The package did require a signature, and after contacting YODEL they said that the signature isn't showing up on their system.

Please advice on what I can do about this.

Thanks

Hi there, let me take a look into this for you. Can you please email yodel.mse@sm.myyodel.co.uk with the full delivery address? Thanks, Ava
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Yodel. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I contacted them again on twitter, hopefully should get a response back tomorrow

And if that doesn't get a response either call the retailer again or let the Yodel rep help.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check your bins and any other outside areas where they could possibly of been placed...
  • teleporter12
    Options
    They have asked for my signature which I have sent over.
    They are waiting for the courier to send the 'signature' who signed for the package over to them however when I first contacted Yodel they said that the signature isn't coming up on the system...
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They have asked for my signature which I have sent over.
    They are waiting for the courier to send the 'signature' who signed for the package over to them however when I first contacted Yodel they said that the signature isn't coming up on the system...

That says to me they don't have 1 or it doesn't match yours.
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your contract is with Office, so write a formal letter of complaint to them, that should get their attention and hopefully they will put in some effort to trace the package with their courrier.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure