NPower "lost" initial meter reading

Hi everyone, first post...
Been in dispute with NPower for almost 2 years for a massively inflated bill, back in Feb 2013 my partner moved into our house and ended up with NPower as supplier, she wanted prepayment meters so was told to run up a bill of £200 or there abouts, so she proceeded to do so, in October 2013 she was moved to prepayment meters, then in April 2014 was billed £1200, after speaking to NPower several times we have been told this was an error and they owed us and small amount, this was credited on the meter, however every time we attempt to switch supplier this large bill is presented and we end up in the same circle. Now NPower have an app I have spent a few hours looking through and there is no meter reading from Feb to 9 October 2013, so I can only assume NPower have billed her for this whole meter, this would also tally with the usage 28000kwh compared to 8500kwh in 2014 and 2015... Despite my partner calling with a reading when requested between 31 March-10 April 2013. How do I go about challenging this?

Comments

• nPower
    nPower Posts: 1,319 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Paul1708 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, first post...
    Been in dispute with NPower for almost 2 years for a massively inflated bill, back in Feb 2013 my partner moved into our house and ended up with NPower as supplier, she wanted prepayment meters so was told to run up a bill of £200 or there abouts, so she proceeded to do so, in October 2013 she was moved to prepayment meters, then in April 2014 was billed £1200, after speaking to NPower several times we have been told this was an error and they owed us and small amount, this was credited on the meter, however every time we attempt to switch supplier this large bill is presented and we end up in the same circle. Now NPower have an app I have spent a few hours looking through and there is no meter reading from Feb to 9 October 2013, so I can only assume NPower have billed her for this whole meter, this would also tally with the usage 28000kwh compared to 8500kwh in 2014 and 2015... Despite my partner calling with a reading when requested between 31 March-10 April 2013. How do I go about challenging this?

Hi Paul1708

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your meter readings. Please send your account details by email (using the address from my profile) and I will be happy to investigate this matter further.

Thanks

Vicky :)[/FONT]
    Official Company Representative"
    I am the official company representative of nPower. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    If we ask you to contact us, please do so using helpandsupport@npower.com - MSE Forum has temporarily allowed the display of our contact details in our signature due to a technical issue with our profile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure