Cica claims help needed asap

Hay first time post not sure what for us to put this in but I need help on a cica claim I was sexually abused as a child I am now 25 I got £22.000 from cica About 18 months ago for being abused for over 3 years... A few months later I was told I should of claimed loss of earning's as I stopped attending school at the age of 11 due to my abuse happening I'm left disabled from my abuse also.. My bowls don't work they leak blood all the time I'm in pain 24/7 iv been told there isn't anything they can do for me I now get high pip I can hardly walk can't lift anything I'm also suffer from mental health badly... So being told this I woke to cica who told me to write in and ask for my claim to be opened again witch I did they refused it and sent it to court I actually don't go out my home so my mum and partner attended court yesterday and was told my claim won't be opened again as they didn't have an up to date doctor letter to say my disability is getting worse.. Also they accused my mum and partner of signing paperwork in my name and said they didn't think I had anything todo with the court case 😬 and end of it they left. I'm so confused now what todo ? Can I do anything ? I was told before my claim should of been worth like 100.000 up only reason I accepted 22k was because they told me if I didn't I would have Togo court and I don't leave the house 😁 help help help please


  • Anyone able to help me ?
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,824
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    I have no knowledge in this area but just wanted to say that I hope you get the help financial and medical that you need.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

    I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Thankyou very much
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 January 2016 at 6:14AM

    I don't know if these will be of any help for advice and support

    Thats just a start. I put 'child sexual abuse claim help' into google. There were lots of links, you might find something more useful for you. Even if the organisation can't help, sometimes they can suggest someone who can.

    I'd also suggest calling MIND.

    I really hope you are able to get some help.

    It might be, that with more specialist surgical help, you could have a better outcome. I'm not saying that this is a certainty but I know I've been told 'nothing can be done' by some general doctors (once after some awful and painful treatment that didn't even work), and then seen a specialist and found that things can be done. Both services were offered at the same hospital in my case and somehow the specialist help wasn't even mentioned til I pushed. You can even ask to see a specialist out of borough if no one else in the borough can help. I am concerned that the medical advice you've sought so far seems to think things should be left as they are. That just doesn't seem right. Perhaps you could get some help and advice in relation to this as well.
  • Do you mind if I ask how long your claim took from start to finish please. As I applied 4 years ago for historic sexual abuse and I'm still waiting for them to "write out to me with a decision". I hope you find the help you need
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards