Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Plodding is always good.
    & really 13 months will go so quickly~~I am much older than you though :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 24 November 2016 at 10:39PM
    Options
    Thanks for your support MT, Rosa, Beanielou and Orange Ena. :A I know it will work. All of you are proof of that :) In RL I am known for my impatience and I really want to improve on that so I can enjoy my debt free journey. You are all right of course 13 months is not long ;) And yes Orange Ena I will be beyond my self next Christmas :) So my plan going forward is to keep on keeping on. I will keep plodding :)

On a positive note pay day tomorrow. :T There are expensive purchases this month starting with my cashmere cardigan (30% off but still expensive) and including an event that will cost me £40 for the ticket alone that I got talked into at Easter. Lesson learnt and I am now more confident in saying NO THANK YOU straight away

I am going to try and offset my additional purchases by skipping my Ocad0 online shop and A&C delivery altogether. I will be trying to stick to a £25 a week budget. For me that is extremely tight but should be possible if I stick to Lid1 and Ald1 and yellow stickers food. This takes more energy or will give me more exercise (to look at it more positively)

I will keep on doing stuff on the house so I can see small improvements, until I can make bigger changes when I am debt free.

November has been a tough month, but I have made it!

Off to pack some food for tomorrow’s lunch

DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy new cardigan~~Enjoy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Jumblerina
    Options
    Hey DIA,

I'm sorry to see you've been having a tough time recently, hope you've turned a corner :) good to see you spending some time doing creative things, it always helps cheer me up! You've been so focused and continue to be, sometimes you need to take a little time out for you, so great to see you spending time with friends and treating yourself :)

The next 13 months will pass in no time and you've already proved you can surprise yourself with making great progress with your household jobs :D you've got this in the bag. I'm off to read up on what all this bullet journaling is about.

Jumblerina xxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Jumblerina :A
    I am indeed back on track. You are right I do need to spend more time with friends, chill a little and be more creative :)
    Congratulations on your impending nuptials :D
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yesterday I was exhausted so I went to bed at 9.30pm and slept brilliantly. I WFH today, I had eggs for breakfast. I cooked some nice soup and some chicken, lentils and veggies.

I wanted ‘treats’ as I haven’t had chocolate for 2 days. I resisted as I am on the NSD challenge. I have 12 days now and need 15 :o

I am off to a concert tomorrow with a friend. My new cardigan came on time. I will be wearing it over an existing dress that I have never worn because the arms are too bare. I’ll add thick tights and there I am ready to go ;)

I am on my new tiny food/travel/pocket money budget so I want the food I have to last as long as possible. So, I am going to be meal planning like crazy in my fab new bullet journal :)

The new plan is £50 for pocket money/food and travel. A travel pass is £25 for the week but I can get this down to £15 some weeks with lots of walking. I am withdraw the next £50 on December 2nd…:)

My BIG DEBT has been attacked again and I am now comfortably in the £15,000s and the new balance is £15,327.00 Signature updated :T:T

I am in tonight but I will have my day out tomorrow so I am ok with Strictly and a pot of tea (that makes me sound 102, ah well…)

Have an enjoyable Saturday night

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good to be in the 15,000's. :j. :j

• Jumblerina
    Options
    Thanks DIA :) well done on getting in the 15's - your progress and focus is so inspiring, I'm so looking forward to getting tips and motivation from you as I tighten my budget :) your plans sound lovely, good work on avoiding the chocolate - it's tough when you really want a treat! Great focus on racking up another NSD :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Yay to the 15, very nearly 14s :T You've totally got this :) x
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    orange ena, beanielou and jumblerina. Thank you for the support :D

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills