Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,428 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I do think the time of year has a lot to do with it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 12 October 2017 at 9:33PM
    Options
    I hope you feel better after a nights sleep DIA. Try to take time to look after yourself. The house will be sorted eventually. I know it's hard.
    're the PPI on mortgages , mine wasn't called ppi it was something else. No mention of the word ppi.
    Thanks parsniphead. Mine showed no separate payment except interest. Was that the same with yours?
    DIA I just started 4 day week in April I work 7.30 till 5 , then go to the gym on my way home at least 3 nights . This do tire me out but my work in the day is maybe not as stressful as yours. You have to do what is right for you though.
    I recently checked PPI on my old mortgage and was advised I did have it , news to me it was anyway my claim is progressing.
    Thanks Cumbria. A long day with my client group may well be too much maybe but it has been agreed I can do a 4 day fortnight and if that is not working they will also consider a 4 day week. I hope yours goes well :) Was your PPI separately named or imbedded in your mortgage payment may I ask?
    JoJoC wrote: »
    DIA - just wanted to stop by and offer my support.
    I'm sorry that life seems to be getting on top of you :( Perhaps make a list of all the things you want to achieve in the short term (day to day stuff), prioritise them and figure out when you can fit them in and at least there'll be a plan in place which might lift some of the stress?

Do you have any annual leave to take? Would taking a day to get stuff together help you to clear the backlog?

just want to let you know that you're not alone.

Thanks for your support JoJo. Redo made a similar suggestion about breaking the tasks I need to do and I plan to do so. Thanks Redo :) I booked a day off today for Tuesday to get on top of the backlog. I will plan and prioritise to use this day well. The week is coming to an end on Saturday so feeling I can hold on now. I seem to slowly head towards crash on a regular basis. I feel such a wimp sometimes :o
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I do think the time of year has a lot to do with it.
    Thanks beanielou, I think darker days don't help. I keep urging myself to get a grip but it isn't working :( As you suggested I am booked in for blood tests on Monday
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks for being kind everyone.
    I'm not sure why I seem to crash and burn out so often but I had a migraine today. I can see this is a pattern. Maybe the 9 day fortnight will stop this pattern. I hope so.

It was the meal with work colleagues today. As I expected it was expensive. I could not drink due to having a migraine all day. I ate about £20 worth including tip. I paid £40. I will accept this and move on as that is what happens on work dos and you have to do it periodically. I see it as a 'get out of jail' card for the Christmas party as I won't be doing this again for a very long time.

This is the end of the spending for October as it is the end of the money I have remaining. It is okay. ;)

In other news I booked a day off to catch up on jobs. I did this before but did not use the day and look where it got me. I won't make the same mistake again. I won't.

Like Redo says i will draw a line under it all and start again tomorrow.

I hope you are all well out there :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,428 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks beanielou, I think darker days don't help. I keep urging myself to get a grip but it isn't working :( As you suggested I am booked in for blood tests on Monday

Mine are the week after next.
    Take care of you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi DIA hope today has been better . PPI payment must have been embedded in mortgage payment as I certainly didn’t know I had it . Still annoyed about it , because I wish I had noticed it. Anyway if I get anything back will be a bonus .
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks beanielou and Cumbria lass. I am feeling better this evening thank goodness :)
    I think I will now put in PPI on all my old mortgages 'just in case' I had assumed if it didn't show on the statement it isn't there but this does not seem to be true.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh DIA. I'm glad you're feeling better, migraines are so awful. I can't believe you went to work with it. I hope it won't be too long until your settled into your new work pattern.

Works Christmas parties. Something I swerve at all cost.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 October 2017 at 7:36AM
    Options
    Oh DIA. I'm glad you're feeling better, migraines are so awful. I can't believe you went to work with it.
    Thanks parsniphead :)
    To be honest I did not click that was what it was until I arrived at work. They let me sleep in the rest room from 8-10am and although I felt bad most of the day I took tablets and it was gone by 3ish. It never got to full blown, so I was very lucky :)
    But I do think I get in a state and that's why I get migraine sometimes or maybe the onset of a migraine is preceded by a particular type of mental state. I need to take control. I can't keep crashing every month. I'm sure I can do better...

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    If you think how you're feeling and the migranes could be linked, maybe you could ask the doctor when you're in for your bloods? It could also be hormonal?

Glad you're planning to break your tasks down for your day off, but please make sure to add something nice for yourself onto that day so it's not all about catching up.

Have a good day!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport