PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

March 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in again please.

I'm on an annual budget of £3840, you have me in the monthly section but I decided half way through January to work from an annual budget, so would it be ok to change it thanks:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • flipper_72
    Options
    Hi, I am enjoying keeping track and eating down the contents of the freezer. We are away for a Mon-Fri this month so need to plan meals for that which are quick and easy but a treat...
    I am going to try not to creep back up to my old monthly amount so budget £250 this month.
  • InTheRed
    InTheRed Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to try for £300 this month please.
    That will be for the calendar month, so £60 per week for 2 adults, 2 cats. All groceries, including cleaning products.

Good luck everyone!
    February Grocery Challenge 262.50/250.00 - overspend - oh no!

March GC 0/300.00

Weight loss goal - lose 14 lbs by May 18th 2016 - so far 3 lbs lost
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Please could you put me down for £450 for March. Sorry I can't turn it red.

Polly
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Options
    Hi could I be put down for £300 again. Need to finalise Feb's spends but definitely under budget. Will need to do a meat order during March but still have enough for at least 2 weeks in the freezer, may even be able to do 3 or more weeks. Will do the monthly meal plan at the weekend and work out where I'm up too with using up the freezer contents.
    Grocery Challenge 2024
    Feb £419.82 Mar £599.53 Apr £405.69 May £531.37 Jun
    Declutter challenge 2024 0 items
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Please can you put me down for £200 again. I went over last month but did stock up on heavy stuff when DH took me to the supermarket-I don't drive so usually walk to the shops.

Not sure what we are doing at Easter yet. If we go to DD1's I'll probably not spend much on food as she will have shopped but if we go to DD2's it'll be a different story!

I want to start running the freezer down ready for defrosting later in the month so that should save some money.
  • Effyb4
    Effyb4 Posts: 258 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2016 at 1:17PM
    Options
    I went slightly over budget for February, so for March I am going to give myself a little more wriggle room. £450 for 5 of us please. Hopefully I will come a bit under budget.
    £1000 Emergency Fund #175 - £598/£1000
    PAYDBX 16 #134 - £2139.00/£6961.85
    Roadkill Rebel #22 85p
  • so_very_confused
    Options
    Hi All
    Think I'm going to be slightly over on Febs budget and given that its a 5 week month and I think easter is in there somewhere, probably need a bit of wriggle room so
    £130
    for me please.
    svc
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 26 February 2016 at 3:09PM
    Options
    Just typed up a long post and lost it.

I've done a freezer inventory this morning, and planned my meals until 31st march.I need to buy meat and fish for 9 days. My budget runs for 4 weeks from the 25th Feb to 23rd March, and most of those days that need things buying for are after 23rd. So this month I should definitely be able to stay in budget.
    I have seen a really good meat deal at a nearby butchers, but trying to sit on my hands as I need to use some more out of the freezer as I would struggle to get it all in. Will have to hope they have a similar deal in the middle of the month.
    Grocery Challenge 2024
    Feb £419.82 Mar £599.53 Apr £405.69 May £531.37 Jun
    Declutter challenge 2024 0 items
  • MERFE
    MERFE Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our pay day was today so first shop done, got everything I needed. I might need to top up fruit during the week and maybe a loaf of bread. It's the top up that get me usually but in budget for the week so far. £57.39/260
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport