Virgin BB activation page?

I've just had virgin cable BB installed. I ran the setup CD through which during setup should have opened a page to allow me to enter my activation name and pin number to activate the BB. That webpage failed to open so now I can't activate the service. Is there a webpage that will allow me to activate without having to ring their 25ppm number?

Comments

• mk-donald
    mk-donald Posts: 750 Forumite
    I'm guessing here but I dont think the activation does anything to the physical/logical VM broadband link, I think it seeks to program your ID/password into the modem. That's one of the perils of those 'easy to setup' automated routines that fail.

Have a look at the modem CD/Manual to see how to set the modem up "by hand".

That's where I'd start anyway
  • panther
    panther Posts: 126 Forumite
    Finally cracked it. In the setup booklet it says for MAC users go to https://autoreg.autoregister.net so although I don't have MAC I gave it a try but nothing happens if I type in that address when connected to the cable modem, but when connected to my still active adsl router I can access the page but it won't allow me to go any further in the registration process. However, if I access the page via my adsl line and then pull the Ethernet from the router and put it back into my cable modem it then allows me enter my PIN to complete the registration process. Once registration is complete it said I should have a connection within about 10 mins so I think it must activate at their end and not the modem. Lucky I still had my live adsl but got there in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure