Compensation claim advice

Options
Hi there, first post and not even sure this is the right place to write it, but here it goes anyway.
I have had an accident a few weeks ago, carpark of my workplace, fell and injured myself, 8 weeks off so far, and the possibility of more time off.
As it wasn't through my fault, I will have to make a claim eventually, for loss of earnings.
Here is the question: any suggestion of a reputable compensation claim company? Any tips from someone been through it?
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• BykerSands
    Options
    Rory73 wrote: »
    Hi there, first post and not even sure this is the right place to write it, but here it goes anyway.
    I have had an accident a few weeks ago, carpark of my workplace, fell and injured myself, 8 weeks off so far, and the possibility of more time off.
    As it wasn't through my fault, I will have to make a claim eventually, for loss of earnings.
    Here is the question: any suggestion of a reputable compensation claim company? Any tips from someone been through it?
    Thanks for any help you can give me.

There's no claim in an accident so I trust someone's been negligent.
  • TadleyBaggie
    Options
    Who's fault was it?
  • Rory73
    Options
    My workplace is at fault, as they failed to maintain carpark facilities, hence me falling and fracturing arm in two different spots.
  • Rory73
    Options
    Guys, I would not claim if it wasn't for loss of earning, also I need both my arms to work properly, as I am a chef by trade, and it is likely the injured arm won't go back properly. So, please, no sarcastic comments, thanks.
  • BykerSands
    Options
    My workplace is at fault, as they failed to maintain carpark facilities, hence me falling and fracturing arm in two different spots.

That's good, so you have evidence they knew about said defects or failed to routinely maintain it.

Next step is to fully recover from your injuries and then look at making a claim. No point doing it until you know the full extent of your injury and any long term effects from it.

No rush, it's only been 8 weeks, you have 3 years in which to claim.
  • BykerSands
    Options
    Guys, I would not claim if it wasn't for loss of earning, also I need both my arms to work properly, as I am a chef by trade, and it is likely the injured arm won't go back properly. So, please, no sarcastic comments, thanks.

Spend the time off looking for a new job. If they've managed without you over Christmas they'll probably manage you out of a job when you claim.
  • Rory73
    Options
    Thanks for your answer, that helps a lot :-)
  • BykerSands
    Options
    Thanks for your answer, that helps a lot :-)

I get it you're after some quick cash. Well it won't happen.
  • Johnnytwostep
    Options
    I would choo....choo...choose the compensation train.

All aboard.milk them dry on the way to the job centre.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suppose that depends on your definition of "reputable".

Compensation claims were becoming such a problem (in particular the "no win no fee" ones) that the rules has been changed so now you are unable to reclaim your costs from the losing side and instead, your costs will be taken from any money awarded to you.

In claims such as this, you're basically looking to show:

1) That they owed you a duty of care
    2) That they were in breach of that duty
    3) That their breach caused the injury/damages and
    4) That the damage was not too remote
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure