Robbed of nearly £400.

Options
I stupidly fell for an online con. Apparently though, I am not alone.
I applied for some face cream which was free, just paying for delivery. Shortly after receiving the face cream and a serum, my credit card was charged 4 times, for stuff I hadn't ordered. This " company" had literally helped themselves to the tune of £400. The company's names are WORLD FULFILMENT or FIT VALUE SHOP. The product I bought was called NSL face cream.

I am now embroiled in an attempt to get my money back.

If you see an advert for free face cream - just paying for delivery, DONT GO THERE! :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    Alas people do get caught by these cons.

Anyone offering a 'free' '£100' product can afford the extra £2 postage - unless it's really a front to get your credit card details and address etc.
  • Rebel_Cause
    Rebel_Cause Posts: 190 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2015 at 4:21PM
    Options
    Thank you for this. I will just continue using the massive tubs of £7 Astral cream that I have been using for years.

Edited to add: I have just looked on their website, what would really put me off is the fact they claim to be a London based company but they are asking for delivery in $$$ ??
  • flora48
    flora48 Posts: 644 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 December 2015 at 7:46PM
    Options
    Fizzywizzy, I fell for something similar earlier in the year. I discovered that I had inadvertently taken out subscription on auto renew with the company. I would advise that you check this isn't the case. I ended up returning the products at my expense to fulfil the small print. I had to put my £12 down to experience. Hope you don't have to do the same.

In my case there were 2 sister companies involved, Stemologica and Beautemer
  • fairandreasonable
    Options
    So sad for you. I'd contact Trading Standards in the UK first. They appear to be US based so this may be a positive. I'll have a dig around for you.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In the past, if in doubt about a company, I have checked their trading address (ignored immediately if they don't give one )then used Google Street to find the premises and check the signage.

On two occasions, I didn't like the look of the premises (one on a run down industrial estate where you couldn't see the actual building and one in a tiny 'shop' (supposedly selling items too large to store there) on the side of an old house ),so didn't buy.

The third was a tv shop offering good deals and was genuine, but being within 50 miles, Richer Sounds did a price beat.
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    Trading standards no longer deal with the dirty public, you have to queue up at the Citizens advice and beg them to refer you to trading standards.
    To be honest, they only really protect big corporations these days they dont really give a monkeys about the people paying their wages.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • ossie
    ossie Posts: 354 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you not do a chargeback on your credit card?
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Whilst I sympathize with your loss, I do wonder to what extent you were told about the charges prior to signing up.
  • pendragon_arther
    Options
    I was also conned. I sent off for some vanishing cream but guess what after I applied it I didn't vanish. What a bunch of scoundrels!
    “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
    ― Groucho Marx
  • CharlieBilly
    Options
    Well I can't see you, so must be working ;)
    I was also conned. I sent off for some vanishing cream but guess what after I applied it I didn't vanish. What a bunch of scoundrels!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure