santas Challenge 2016... Gifts, chat, challenges

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I know this thread has been quiet recently. I haven't done much prep recently, which is very naughty of me.

Handbag challenge - my handbag isn't too bad, in terms of random stuff. When I go to work, I always carry a handbag and a shopper, which I use for lunch, umbrella etc, so that helps to keep my handbag tidy.

This week I bought some adult colouring in books for Xmas presents. I bought a spare one as I thought it could be nice for someone who is going into hospital, with lots of spare time or who is stressed etc. I'm going to buy some nice colouring in pencils to go with it.

The Body Shop sent me a code which is 30% off, free body butter and minimum spend of £10. I keep the Body Butters as ad hoc presents for people (e.g end of term present for the children's teachers etc).
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    This week I bought some adult colouring in books for Xmas presents. I bought a spare one as I thought it could be nice for someone who is going into hospital, with lots of spare time or who is stressed etc. I'm going to buy some nice colouring in pencils to go with it.

The Body Shop sent me a code which is 30% off, free body butter and minimum spend of £10. I keep the Body Butters as ad hoc presents for people (e.g end of term present for the children's teachers etc).

I got that code too :) I agree totally. I always have a few things from there in the present cupboard too. I got quite a lot in the sale on Boxing Day. They had matching body lotions, shower gel, scrubs, all £1 each. So I got a good few and the little bear body sponge thing that goes with. Easy way to make up a little gift set cheap. And got some lip balms for a pound too. But claimed myself one. (I'm Gemma, I'm a lip balm-aholic).

I got a few colouring books too. Sadly for myself again, never meant to get into them but it's strangely relaxing. Amazon new and used is a great place is you need more. Because they're so popular right now a lot of people buy extras to sell and they're cheap. There was one I had on my wishlist which was £8 but under new and used that the bottom it was from another seller, 70p brand new.
    You've made me want to go and get them down now. I had a few holidays from work that needed using before the end of the month. I've got today and Monday off and that sounds like a nice way to spend an hour or two of it!

Card factory, I know a lot of people love for the 10 for £1 cards..has anyone seen them recently? I've been on two shops and they both say they aren't stocking them any more. I thankfully have a few pounds worth in a box in the present cupboard. But after that I'll either have to get their 5 for £1 cards or find somewhere else. But I don't know anywhere that has offers like that. They're perfect for work birthdays as there are so many of them.

Summer sales should be starting soon! Well, getting ready for summer sales. No clue where or when yet, but usually around the start of May for some. Good time to re-stock on a few Christmas presents :)

Hope everyone is ok. I'm off to grab my colouring books now..thank you chanie! While the baby uses my insides as a trampoline. Getting used to the constant kicking now.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hope everyone ok, meant to pop by earlier - just seems mad here, knitting wise I have just finished a double sized camper van bedspread for mum and dad... its got some weight in it...

Been toddling around a bit, took Grandad Hoodie out again this weekend, Sat we went to our local farm shop, then today weve been to a mere, feeding geese and swans, it had a chill in the air,.

Grandad Hoodie still doing ok at the mo, which is a relief, thou he has food cravings....
    the week before was mineral water - one morning 1am, I'm hunting around to see if we have any lying around, we had a small bottle (500ml) - was it going to be enough to the morning.... (I did say wait to morning, wasn't going out at that time...)

Next food craving, - black pudding and spring onions...

xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Aprils Challenge

suntan lotion
    This feels daft now, considering the weather we have been having, we can only hope the weather will improve , but shops are starting with their suntan lotion and bargains can be had, even if your planning an afternoon of gardening or a trip out, if the weather warmed again, take care.

Xmas Planning
    check the list see how many presents you need how is the budget going, allows allow an extra mens / gents present

Christmas Cake
    Have you thought of trying a new recipie... now the chance to look around, if its old faithful cake, - have a peep at the ingredients.

Birthday List
    If your doing a 3 mth/4th circle - check what you have coming up for the next batch.
    With cards - check what size stamps are needed,

Miss Hoodies Corner
    Heres hoping the weather does turn itself around, so nows the time to spruce/spring clean the shed / garden furniture. also check everything is working/not broken and ready then for use.

Online surveys etc
    Now we've got going with our surveys, time to dip your toe into a new one, give it a month if it works great, if no, then at least we've tried.

Carboots
    Now its carboot season, there popping up everywhere, each area has it good and bad carboots, it changes season by season. Bite the bullet either as a seller or a buyer.
    I find schools are a good bet, as they get support from parents (both seller and buyer).

Free Corner
    Break out of the comfort zone, (not suggesting a marathon)... its reading, I'm sure theres a stack of books just waiting to be read, - take a chance, pick a book that isn't your normal reading style, whether you change fiction to non fiction, chic lit to horror... give it a chance.

As always its a pick and mix, have fun xxxx
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thanks for the latest challenge mum2one and for the updates.

A knitted camper van blanket? Do you mean it's got a pattern of a van? Is it done in squares?

It's good that Grandad has been able to go out and do nice things. Are the food cravings related to his health?

I can't get into colouring books (re previous posts) I think that's because I have always drawn those kinds of designs in black and white and it never feels right for me to just sit and colour, I always get the pens and start adding more embellishments.

Card Factory - whenever they did have those multiple offers in the past I found it hard to get more than about 2 cards that I liked and were suitable for the people I buy for I kept ending up with cards I couldn't do much with yet kept (as you do) so whenever I had an occasion on the horizon I forgot the cards weren't much use then had a mad rush at the last moment to buy something new.
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Its done in 5 panels (1 side) the middle panel has the campervan, have to get a photo sorted and uploaded...

Next food craving - kippers... think its more food that he can keep down / isnt to thick / tastes nice...
    thou seeing spring onions, cheese, tomatos - once been in a blender - doesn't look the best....
    xx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs for everyone who needs them.
    Glad to hear granddad hoodie is doing well.

I made dd2 a huge throw out of her old tee shirts, I cut 13inch squares from them. Mostly the fronts but some back squares as well to make up the numbers and balance out space between some of the logos and pictures. It ended up huge! I had 96 squares so it finished about 9ft X 7ft. She loves it, it was made from Ts that were either too small or tatty but she didn't want to throw them as she like the fronts or the memories attached to them.
    Good luck with your camper van blanket mum2one.

I'm working three days full time a week now and doing a couple of hours the other days so really busy and feel like I'm playing catch up with house stuff.

DGS was one recently so we had a little party for him.
    Mil is getting quite frail now so need to do more and more for her luckily she lives close so I'm only a couple of mins away when she rings (and where I work is even closer to her so can nip in at breaks and dinner if needed) shopping and gardening can be pulled in at weekends as Dh helps with that and I clean for her on one of the mornings I'm off work. So it all gets done.
    Slowly working through my crafting and reading stashes, I feel like I'm actually achieving something now rather than just hoarding stuff that won't be used.

I will pop back in more often to keep up with you all.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Mrs M - I feel tired just reading, you make sure you get chance to look after yourself as well..

Love the sound of the tshirt throw... thou with Miss Hoodie she literally wears her fav tshirt till its disintergrates...

Yoiur going great guns with the destash -trouble is I keep seeing wool on offer... have 3 bin bags of wool ready for next 3 bedspreads... campervan for me, 2 x dan and phil for Miss Hoodie - there you-tubers / radio 1 - every teenager hangs on there every word. there logo is there hairstyles... so got to trace off her jumper - try to enlarge to fit the panel... get there,

Whoops - next wool parcel just arrived 18 balls of dk, pale pink, fondant pink and white... there go in the stash...

xx
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I've managed to upload some photos...

Miss Hoodies - campervan bedspread
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/115767032@N02/26090104944/in/dateposted-public/

Mum/dads bedspread
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/115767032@N02/26422888780/in/dateposted-public/

(she choose the striped wool, thou I prefer one colour...)

Dads blanket

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115767032@N02/26602809842/in/dateposted-public/

,,,Confession....
    I had another 2 delieveres of wool 2day, batch 1 - for Miss Hoodies bedspread. other not sure what to do, 6 white, 6 pale pink, 6 fondant. xx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure