Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Reconnect landline with previous number

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
3 replies 859 views
ironman1ironman1 Forumite
1.1K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
Hi all,

I just wanted to know if anyone has moved and then been able to keep the previous phone number?

Basically the house I am now renting was with BT previously. I Had EE broadband and phone and am in a contract so had to stick with them and bring them to my new home. I originally asked to transfer my previous landline number and it should all be connected tomorrow.

My problem is I need to have the previous tenants phone number due to reasons that would be too complicated to explain!

Does anyone know if this is possible? I have tried EE customer services but they were not at all helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I'll be very surprised if they can accommodate you, since you initially asked to transfer your previous landline number and your installation date is tomorrow. The old tenant's number may be already allocated elsewhere.
  • ironman1ironman1 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't allocated yet as when I ring it, it says number not in use.
  • iniltousiniltous Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible ?, yes, can you get them to do it, maybe, will it be chargeable, probably.
    The previous occupants number will now be spare , unless they took the number with them to wherever they moved to, you need to ask EE for a renumber, from the number you are bringing from your old address, to the number you now want (BT consumer, I think, charge about £38 for this, no idea what EE would charge, )
    A lot will depend on the EE customer service rep you speak to, they may just say it's impossible, because that is the easiest thing for them
This discussion has been closed.