BT home hub 5 and chromecast streaming problem (solved )

BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Ambassador
49.2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
Ambassador
Couldn't get Netflix , bbc Iplayer , all 4 apps to stream from iOS or android devices at home

Found turning off smart set up on the hub

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-home-hub-4-or-hub-5

Got it all working

Assume it's attempting to ask chromecast if it wants to set up parental controls ?

Just to help anyone who got one for Xmas and having the same problem
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping & Freebies, Over 50s Moneysaving and Phones & TV boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert

Replies

• pm2326pm2326 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Thank you sooo much!!

I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get chrome cast to work and after reading numerous useless pages of advice on the Internet, I finally did a search on MSE.

You helped me fix the problem within 3 minutes!!!

Note to oneself....always search on here first!
  • The_Groat_CounterThe_Groat_Counter Forumite
    470 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    The "Smart Setup" on BT Home Hubs is a pain in the rear-end - it's unnecessary, doesn't offer any compelling benefits and occasionally means things don't work as they should.

Altogether it's not really all that 'smart'. Best to just turn it off!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mortgage rates

What can you (or should you) do?

MSE News

Train strikes

Your refund rights explained

MSE News