BA in Breach of Consumer Treading probably...

Options
I appreciate this a strict 'delay compensation' case but thought people would be interested. Am trying to find out if BA have been doing this widely for any length of time. I submitted a MCVOL / Small Claims claim to them and am awaiting a response from them.

An interesting one that I have. Booked tickets for a flight on Prem Economy

A month before flight rang them to change the date of the flight - no problem - was on the phone to them and i agreed the £100 change fee and the BA person said we could downgrade now to economy as there was space on that flight and we said yes - she said a refund would be due of £300 after the change fee had been deducted.

agreed to this and they reissued the booking ref the next day for the new flight in Economy

called them a week later to find out where the refund was, that next operator said it was 'being processed by the change team' and she could see that a refund of approx £300 was due.

nothing until the day before due to fly, so rang again to be told sorry and she would go and find out whats happened to the refund - she returned to say sorry but the 'paperwork was a bit slow' and they were 'processing it right now' BUT they would treat the booking as being made NOW ie the day before the flight and consequently the price of the Economy ticket was now £187 MORE than my original Prem Economy ticket and therefore i owed THEM this amount to make the change !! She said she had no authority to do anything else and if I wanted to fly the next day i had to pay it.

so i insisted a note was made of my disputing this and paid it.

Hilarious state of affairs - they made the offer of a contract, I accepted and they reconfirmed that a couple of times . They confirmed me on the flight right from the moment the change was made too

BA typically have an appalling customer response service and despite 4 emails we heard nothing back so submitted a MCOL / Small Claims Court a few weeks back - am looking forward to getting the facts out here and my money returned.

Anyone else had this where BA delay the booking / paperwork and then look to treat the booking as happening on that later date rather than the date when the contract / original booking is made?

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family