The All NEW Countdown To Christmas 2016 Thread

Options

Comments

• crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    My new tree arrived yesterday. Weighs almost 15kg and is a lot taller than I am! I thought I'd put it up and check all the built in lights so I knew it was ok before putting it away.
    I ended up covered in glitter, the house and cats ended up covered in glitter. I brought roomba downstairs to clean it up and he ended up covered in glitter.
    The tips of the branches are white and silver glitter. Thankfully they still have plenty on them, but I think I ended up with the bulk of it! Tree works perfectly. All the little pine cones on it look great and I love that I finally have a pre lit one. Saves the tangled light dance. Now have to put it away again for ages til I can get it down again :(

I love the breakfast with Santa idea. Never had to do those before, but I know the garden centre near us do a huge Christmas display and have a grotto. So, seeing as it'll be her first Christmas I might try and book a visit in for the bump when she's here. I can spend hours there when all the decorations are up anyway. So it's an extra excuse.

Gutted. Stupid baby brain making me forget things. I put a reminder in my phone and on the calendar for the QVC Christmas in July and went and forgot. I usually get some of the Christmas Yankee candle deals as presents and for me, the prices are great. Got some good deals in the Yankee after Christmas sale last year to put away for this year. But can never have too many. I'm sure they'll be on again.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I love Yankee candles, they have a deal on Wowcher right now.

9 scents & they are 12.99 so maybe have a look on there.

It's just fun to do things like that with the kids when they are still young enough to believe in Santa!

When are you due? My best friend is in hospital today getting a C section as her wee girl (she is still convinced she will be born a boy) is breech. I am so excited to meet her!!!

Dxxx
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    I love Yankee candles, they have a deal on Wowcher right now.

9 scents & they are 12.99 so maybe have a look on there.

It's just fun to do things like that with the kids when they are still young enough to believe in Santa!

When are you due? My best friend is in hospital today getting a C section as her wee girl (she is still convinced she will be born a boy) is breech. I am so excited to meet her!!!

Dxxx

Thanks. I'll have a nosey at those now.

Good luck to your friend! Hope they're both well and out soon. I'm due later this month. 36 weeks now and finally feeling it. So tired. I ordered more grossman bits, but again, baby brain made me forget. So my lovely new deep red table runner and napkins just got delivered and confused me a bit. I'd better go check my emails and see what else I've forgotten I've ordered!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Haha, love it. Not sure that is baby brain I do that all the time!

So exciting, is this your first?

Dxxx
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Yes! First one. Two furbabies, but this is the only human one.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw how exciting for you!

My friend had her wee girl at 15.26, 7lb 12oz & she is just perfect!!!

Dxxx
  • 19carlymarie88
    19carlymarie88 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 12:46PM
    Options
    Breakfast with Santa sounds amazing! I must have a look and see if there's anything like that near me......if not good old Chessington Garden Centre is having a 'Charlie & the chocolate factory' themed grotto this year and that shall do my little one perfectly!

Crazy-cat-lady you will have a field day being organised with kids then specially your first one. I had everything done by about 6months gone lol! And first Christmas I think I had everything by September at the latest! Although she was born in the February so plenty of time between then & December.

Hope you haven't had too stressful a pregnancy and all ok so far!
    And congrats to Dolly Rockers friend!
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    crazy-cat-lady_2 Posts: 435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 January 2022 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Big congratulations to your friend Dolly Rocker.

19 carlymarie88. She's been a dream so far. Really easy going bump. Not lost me a wink of sleep or any discomfort. Well, not til this last week when she's been painful and got into position to make her grand appearance. Only a few weeks to do. I can't wait to be organising things for her to do. She's got several Christmas outfits already, bought in the sales this new year!

Just got a pretty good deal. If anyone has any Yankee loving friends. Here's three presents in one! Spotted it now on hotukdeals

http://www.jdwilliams.co.uk/shop/yankee-candle-triple-melt-warmer-pack/ua570/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=3818&dclid=CJzh4rO2pc4CFU0T0wod6Z0MsQ&utm_source=Affiliate%20Window&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_content=Content&utm_campaign=Always%20On&awc=3032_1470328370_b8bdc3ee0fc1f7bfa72e2b236facf82e

Three Yankee tart burners and 12 tarts. Plus a code on the page for free shipping. So £20 everything in. Just ordered them. Might keep one myself and split the tarts between the other two for presents. I have a million myself so don't need them but wouldn't mind a new burner. I don't know who they're for yet, but they are handy to have wrapped or bagged if anyone turns up with a present and you weren't expecting it. Or a good secret Santa.

And grabbed another bargain just now too..

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nails-inc-alice-olivia-cracker-kit-boots-exclusive-5-boots-2490864

Nails in Christmas crackers. Pack of 6 for £5, down from (I think) £30. Got 2 lots.

Think I'll leave it at that for today!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Fab wee finds CCL.

I haven't bought anything this week, might have a wee look when I am out & about with my Mum tomorrow.

We love a wee wander round Watt Bros, do you have one near you? Sells everything but mostly I love wandering around the jewellery & make up section. They always do nice wee gift sets for Christmas.

Baby Charlotte is just perfect! Had some cuddles yesterday, they are all home today so will maybe see them again over the weekend.

Dxxx
  • mummytummy
    mummytummy Posts: 933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you C-C-L :beer:

Have just taken a look, can't find a free shipping code though, any chance you can share the code :D
    MFiT-T6 #17
    New mortgage: October 2019, £480,000
    Current balance: £210,000

Sealed Pot Challenge~17 #6
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business