PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Xmas "oops" moments thread

Options

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Slipped on a wet man hole cover walking home last night and went ar5e over tit, fortunately I'd had a skinfull so felt no pain. Knees a bit sore this morning.
  • MoneyMission
    Options
    In preparation for serving to the masses this year, we bought ourselves a second hand 1970's hostess trolley to keep things warm. Obviously haven't quite got the hang of it yet as realised when tidying up that had left the peas and stuffing in there! Nobody noticed or were too polite to say!
    MFW Challenge 2019 - £2,420 / £2,420 - 100% :T
  • thriftmonster
    Options
    THIRZAH wrote: »
    DH decided to fix the cistern on the upstairs toilet yesterday as the overflow was dripping. He seems to have made it worse and at one point we had water coming through the kitchen ceiling!

I'm hoping the ceiling doesn't come down while I'm cooking lunch today.

And I thought we were the only ones:D

Yesterday -home from church at 12- by 1, dh had dismantled the only toilet in the house. Fixed and reassembled by 4- guests for dinner appear with impeccable timing at 4.20:p
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I made cheesecakes with light soft cheese as Aldi was out of full fat. They were a bit sloppy. Then I dropped one on the kitchen floor and ate it Friends style...
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Oh you poor souls!
    Ours went perfectly apart from the odd present howler.

Enjoyed reading about your mishaps

regards
    :j
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Nothing too major, dinner was planed for 4-ish, think we ate at 5 ...whoops! Luckily no one cared. Nearly forgot to cook the stuffing, whacked it in the oven and it was done by the time everything else was served. Forgot to cook the peas / sweetcorn (well run out of steam to cook anything else) but there was plenty anyway as I catered for about 8...there was 3 of us :o

Managed not to drop the turkey on the floor this year like I did last year (although I didn't actually tell anyone :rotfl:)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I realised that no matter how organised you are for Christmas lunch your invited guests are quite likely to roll up at least half an hour after expected, then proceed to hand out presents, and stand in the kitchen chatting while you desperately try to rescue what was a perfect lunch.... :(
    Never mind, we all had a nice time, and if the dinner suffered, well, it was their fault not mine! (Note to self, prepare lunch for an hour later next year!)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • Money_saving_maniac
    Options
    Gem-gem wrote: »
    Dinner went well no problems
    But ...
    As I was finishing making the dessert I saw a mouse in the kitchen running across the floor. Aarhh!!

Me too...downstairs is open plan so it skipped across the sitting room floor

:eek:
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    my only oops was that ive bought so many bags of cheap sprouts, we will be eating them til the end of January ....
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The Christmas crackers are still in their packaging in the spare bedroom ... New Year crackers, anyone?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport