TalkTalk won't give me deal I want

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
3 replies 1K views
zetortractortrailerzetortractortrailer Forumite
19 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I am an existing customer and have been out of contract for a few months now. The other day I phoned TalkTalk to see what the best deal they could do to upgrade to fibre is and basically they wanted to sell me a new 18 month contract, with free fibre for the first 12 months, with the price then rising considerably for the remaining 6 months. I can't remember the exact cost breakdown, but overall it came to about £30 a month including anytime calls.

Anyway, I went away and had a think about this, and I had a look on price comparison sites to see what deals they are offering new customers, and realised that they are offering exactly that deal, fibre and anytime calls, to new customers for £26.55 over the 18 months, which is a significantly better deal I think.

I phoned back and basically said to them, look, if you want to keep my business then you are going to have to match that deal, and they kept going round in circles with pricing and putting me on hold, but in the end basically refused to match that deal and quoted me a similar price to the original £30 a month.

I then said, ok, if you won't match that deal then can I cancel my current £7.50 anytime calls boost and resubscribe to it with the free upgrade for 12 months? The operator basically said that is a no can do with no real explanation as to why.

This is really starting to irritate me. Despite the appaulling way TalkTalk has treated their customers, not just with the hacking scandal but over the years generally, they still continue to treat their existing customers with utter contempt.

I'd be grateful for any advice on this. Should TalkTalk be matching the deals they are offering to new customers on price comparison sites, or am I asking too much in expecting them to do this? Also, where do I stand in terms of the free fibre upgrade for 12 months and the free any time calls upgrade for 12 months? Are they right in claiming I can't have the 12 months any time calls upgrade?

They also kept going on about I have Essentials TV, therefore that costs more, but all I have from them is a Youview box which now I'm out of contract I believe I am correct in thinking I fully own any way. All I use is the normal Youview services like catch up TV which is absolutely nothing to do with TalkTalk and would work with any provider, so why are they continuing to claim that I have TV services when the reality is I don't?

Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• joe134joe134 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am an existing customer and have been out of contract for a few months now. The other day I phoned TalkTalk to see what the best deal they could do to upgrade to fibre is and basically they wanted to sell me a new 18 month contract, with free fibre for the first 12 months, with the price then rising considerably for the remaining 6 months. I can't remember the exact cost breakdown, but overall it came to about £30 a month including anytime calls.

Anyway, I went away and had a think about this, and I had a look on price comparison sites to see what deals they are offering new customers, and realised that they are offering exactly that deal, fibre and anytime calls, to new customers for £26.55 over the 18 months, which is a significantly better deal I think.

I phoned back and basically said to them, look, if you want to keep my business then you are going to have to match that deal, and they kept going round in circles with pricing and putting me on hold, but in the end basically refused to match that deal and quoted me a similar price to the original £30 a month.

I then said, ok, if you won't match that deal then can I cancel my current £7.50 anytime calls boost and resubscribe to it with the free upgrade for 12 months? The operator basically said that is a no can do with no real explanation as to why.

This is really starting to irritate me. Despite the appaulling way TalkTalk has treated their customers, not just with the hacking scandal but over the years generally, they still continue to treat their existing customers with utter contempt.

I'd be grateful for any advice on this. Should TalkTalk be matching the deals they are offering to new customers on price comparison sites, or am I asking too much in expecting them to do this? Also, where do I stand in terms of the free fibre upgrade for 12 months and the free any time calls upgrade for 12 months? Are they right in claiming I can't have the 12 months any time calls upgrade?

They also kept going on about I have Essentials TV, therefore that costs more, but all I have from them is a Youview box which now I'm out of contract I believe I am correct in thinking I fully own any way. All I use is the normal Youview services like catch up TV which is absolutely nothing to do with TalkTalk and would work with any provider, so why are they continuing to claim that I have TV services when the reality is I don't?

Thanks for any advice.
    I renewed mine about 6 weeks ago, just before the freebies came out, and they gave me what they are offering new customers. LL + £7.50 pm, but not fibre, didn't want it.I haggled, but not hard, didn't need to, I was also 2 years out of required terms;)
    I haven't asked for reduction for free calls as I already signed up, and would be wasting my time and breath,but think I'm gonna get the sim for spare phone. if it's just a standard sim,and bin it after 12 months.?.
    stick to your guns, but, tell them you can better their offer elsewhere, plusnet.
  • jb66jb66 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    If you dont get the deal you want then move providers, dont get stressed out about it all, chances are when they receive the request to number port they will give you the deal
  • joe134joe134 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    jb66 wrote: »
    If you dont get the deal you want then move providers, dont get stressed out about it all, chances are when they receive the request to number port they will give you the deal
    unless he nails them down, they will roll him on a monthly and charge him double, as they did me for 1 month.
    LL + £15.+pm.
    they are better at the waiting game, they make money while dithering..
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Top savings accounts

Up to 1.7% fixed or 0.6% easy access

MSE Guides

24 craft beers for £26 delivered

Flavourly newbies only (norm £70ish)

MSE Deals