IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Capital 2 Coast FCN ticket

Options
1235»

Comments

• tracywimbledon
    Options
    Pappa-Golf, Coupon-Mad and Redx - thank you, yes its somewhat clearer now. I've read the Bargepole post and will send off the Acknowledgement of Service only, confirming I will defend the whole of the claim. Will have a read through of other MIL cases and use examples for my defence, as per Bargepole's post .... So, given that its no longer the PARKING thats the real issue now, its the fact that MIL have bought the alleged debt, am I correct in thinking that a major part of the defence should be along the grounds of champerty and maintenance ? I need to major on the fact that what MIL are doing is wrong and the parking matter is really of less relevance ?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Here's a start-to-finish successfully defended case against MIL.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=105272
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • tracywimbledon
    Options
    Hi all - I submitted my defence to the CCBC and have now received a "Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track". I'd assume its ok to proceed on this route ? I now have until 20 December to complete the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (Form N180) - which looks to be straightforward enough - and return it to them, and serve copies on all other parties. (By which I would imagine they mean any possible witnesses / lawyers etc ?) I don't intend to go to mediation as there is nothing to mediate - I don't owe MIL Collections (or anyone else) ANYTHING ! Is there any further advice that I should take heed of at this stage ? Or anything else I should be doing ? (I don't intend to involve solicitors etc of course - but assume I'd need to attend court on the day ?)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's all correct, ''all parties'' means the claimant or their solicitor if they use one (some complicated cases have several named claimants/defendants but that's not the case here).

You must attend court if a hearing occurs. Often these are discontinued though! They give up a great deal when faced with a decent defence.

Do you have the original PCN? Was it in 2014 or 2015 and what Company Number is at the bottom?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tracywimbledon
    Options
    Thank you Coupon Mad.... yes I still have the PCN, it's from 2015 issued by Capital 2 Coast, company number 08267109. My defence is based on various points made on these forums and on pepipoo.

Thank you for your assistance !
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So after this stage the next thing will be that it is allocated to your local court and you will be sent Directions and dates (the date by which you must file your witness statement and exhibits, and the hearing date, if it goes ahead).

If unsure about witness statement & exhibits, search the forum for those words. Forewarned is forearmed.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure