BT & moving house

Options
funkylittlecat
funkylittlecat Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 14 December 2015 at 10:50PM in Broadband & internet access
I'm moving house on 16th January 2016.

My service with BT infinity (calls, line rental, broadband and TV) ends on 7th January 2016.

What is the best procedure for leaving them, can anyone advise please as it seems a minefield?

My service has been terrible I have had non stop problems, including having my line switched off at the exchange for nearly 3weeks due to some engineer unplugging me whilst doing maintenance there. And not telling anyone else...including us.

I've spent hours on the phone complaining of poor speeds, disconnection, tv faults etc and now definately DO NOT want anything further to do with BT. Last time I rang I was 29minutes just ON HOLD alone, that was before even speaking to anyone!

The terms and conditions seem really confusing, I only took the contract 7/01/15 and even then it took ages to connect broadband and not when promised either. To clarify my broadband therefore was switched on AFTER the contract start date

And yes the bill is always paid on time and by direct debit :P

:xmastree::xmassmile:xmassign::rudolf:

Comments

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    IF your minimum term ends on 7 Jan, then just tell them to terminate the service on the 16th, giving the requisite notice (probably 30 days when out of minimum term, which you will be on 7/1/16). You'll need to pay for nine days pro-rata at their standard monthly price and there may be a termination charge passed on from the wholesale provider.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure