We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Fraudulent Activity on EE account

Options
2»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 December 2015 at 4:29PM
    Options
    I'd think about moving to another network if its getting tiresome.

Not much help if they are the best network for signal.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If it was an internal order I don't see why they would keep choosing you ?

Surly its someone on the outside that knows enough of your details ?
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Surly its someone on the outside that knows enough of your details ?

Just curious really, but if they are that knowledgeable, what's to stop them calling up and saying 'my phone has been stolen, please deactivate it and send a replacement to this address where I'm currently staying'??????
  • AndyPK
    Options
    Good idea. Would alert the genuine owner sooner though (in theory) when his phone stops working.

I guess they like the new one working for a month so they can sell it while it's working.
  • boiler-questions
    Options
    For some reason the quotes aren't working but to answer the replies in order...

d123 - thanks that puts my mind at rest.

DCFC79 - they do offer the best signal round here but as far as I am aware Virgin piggy back off the back of EE so I take it I would get the same network coverage if I moved to Virgin?

AndyPK - If it was someone external though - then how would they know my password as my account has been restricted to password only - they are not allowed to ask the security questions (unless someone ignored the extra security out of incompetence).

J B - I'm not sure what they would gain from that. I'm on a sim only plan so don't have a phone from the contract.

To make matters even worse - yesterday afternoon I got another text message to say that they had moved me over to the £54.99 a month package. I phoned to complain and told them that it was supposed to have been cancelled (this cancellation was overseen by a supervisor and a manager) - the operator told me that he could see they had cancelled the iphone but they hadn't cancelled the change to the contract! He said he could reverse it. I then later got a text message to say my contract had changed and was now a new amount - less than the £54.99 but a lot more than it was previously :(

So now I have to phone again 5 phone calls later and I'm still not there :(

Very tempted to move but I had a good price for the package I had and I can't match that with Virgin, so would be worse off financially and as we have two lines it makes the difference double! Still at this rate the hours on the phone will outweigh the savings :(
  • AndyPK
    Options
    Virgin, Life, Vectone all use the EE network, however they don't support 4G :(
  • boiler-questions
    Options
    That's a shame - life mobile seem to have a deal which is comparable in price. Virgin couldn't match it when I spoke to them earlier.

For now I await the call from the manager to tell me how they accessed the account. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

They managed to mess up further on another point though!

I phoned to ask if they could link the two phones properly in the online account thing on their website as I could only see one phone on there. They said it wouldn't be a problem. They quickly went through and said it should be set up shortly - I went on 10 minutes later to find I could access the details for one of my phones and for somebody elses as well. I phoned back and they said that it sometimes happens when they are logged onto another system at the same time! They quickly fixed it but I'm quickly losing faith in this company.

On another note, I'm supposed to be on the most heightened security. They said that to ensure it was definitely me they were speaking to that they would insist on phoning back each time I ring so they would be phoning me on my handset. I phoned 4 times since and not one of them have followed that instruction!
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

On another note, I'm supposed to be on the most heightened security. They said that to ensure it was definitely me they were speaking to that they would insist on phoning back each time I ring so they would be phoning me on my handset. I phoned 4 times since and not one of them have followed that instruction!

Ask the manager when you phone back to get a Special Instruction pop up message added to your account, the agent would then need to physically acknowledge and click to close it before they can actually access your account, it should stop any lazy or incompetent agent not reading the notes about the security.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family