Company Xmas Tradition

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Surely you'd know how roughly true it is based on how you are treated on a daily basis?

Think it has got to be newish colleagues having a wind up as just weird how they all buy into it

Someone pulling you're chain OP or the benefits must be good? :D
  • xapprenticex
    Options
    Haaaaaha, thats so funny.

I bet you the MD's buy the wife and boss presents in return while you mugs get paid less and buy presents.

I started a job recently and decided to skip secret santa because i dont know them well enough never mind buying bosses a present, thats made me chuckle. Thanks.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Wow how cheeky! I'm sure they are paid handsomely and if they like to keep the spirit up, they can give all the staff a small gift instead. It would be tax deductable too probably.
    ally.
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,756 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd refuse and then start looking for another job. I've never heard such a cheeky request! I'd also leave a company with a 'no lunch break' culture or one of those where your expected to do lots of unpaid overtime for no particular reason.

If anything I'd suggest it should be the directors chipping in for the staff but I certainly wouldn't expect it.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    But, there's nowt so queer as a private sector boss in a smallish company. They're a breed of their own and are often bizarre, tyrannical and Hitleresque.

Oi missus, some of us cuddly and helpful:D.

One of the lads bought me a butty the other day - he insisted.

On the other hand, I'd done the rounds of what bottle do you want, chucked £200.00 into the drinks kitty ( they've arranged a night out ) and there will be a bonus in Xmas week wages. So I guess a butty balances it out:p
  • Dan-Dan
    Dan-Dan Posts: 5,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    why? Werewrwer

in english?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
  • Takeaway_Addict
    Options
    Dan-Dan wrote: »
    in english?
    The question was why, the rest was to complete 10 characters.
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • xapprenticex
    Options

Period

• AZZiDO
    AZZiDO Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Do you get an end of year bonus? If so, handing over £5 would not be a problem in my eyes
  • Dan-Dan
    Dan-Dan Posts: 5,272 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

OK , lets play along

Why what ?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure