Help to Buy ISA guide

Options

Comments

• mikeyhayward
    Options
    Can my help to buy ISA be added to my girlfriends help to buy ISA to buy a property in her name only?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can my help to buy ISA be added to my girlfriends help to buy ISA to buy a property in her name only?
    No.
  • suestalmach1
    Options
    Can anyone help me can I use the £3000 bonus with my other savings added together to use for my deposit on help to buy isa
  • eskbanker
    Options
    Can anyone help me can I use the £3000 bonus with my other savings added together to use for my deposit on help to buy isa
    You can certainly use non-HTB savings as well as the HTB money towards the purchase but the bonus is only available at completion rather than exchange if that's what you were meaning: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/help-to-buy-ISA/#tip10
  • LKW16
    LKW16 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    Can someone help me out. 
    I have a lifetime ISA and my partner has a Help To Buy ISA. We are both first time buyers. Can we use both? 
  • eskbanker
    Options
    LKW16 said:
    Can someone help me out. 
    I have a lifetime ISA and my partner has a Help To Buy ISA. We are both first time buyers. Can we use both? 
    Yes, a couple can use one of each between them, provided that the purchase complies with the rules of both schemes.
  • CRK197
    Options
    My partner and I are considering purchasing our first place together. I have a help-to-buy ISA and was wondering if I could use the state added tax-free bonus alongside a shared ownership programme or do the limitations mean we would have to consider one option or the other?

If so, which option would be most beneficial for 2 adults under 25 looking for a property in  the South East/Sussex area?

• grumiofoundation
    Options
    CRK197 said:
    My partner and I are considering purchasing our first place together. I have a help-to-buy ISA and was wondering if I could use the state added tax-free bonus alongside a shared ownership programme or do the limitations mean we would have to consider one option or the other?

If so, which option would be most beneficial for 2 adults under 25 looking for a property in  the South East/Sussex area?

You can use help to buy ISA with shared ownership. However the HTB ISA limit (250,000 outside London) applies to the full price of the property, not just the share you buy - depending on where you are in the SE this could be a problem?
    The Lifetime ISA may be an alternative (up to 450,000 purchase price everywhere). Needs to be open for a year before can use, but can open today with £1 to get that timeline rolling. 
    https://www.gov.uk/lifetime-isa
  • lescarp88
    lescarp88 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Santander Help To Buy ISA (issue 1) interest rate reducing from 2.75% variable now to 0.75% variable on 03 August 2020.
  • sineadanna
    Options
    Hello,
    I’m wondering what you do when you have ‘filled’ a help to buy isa. I am currently £50 away. Can I continue to put £200 per month in or not? The interest on the account is good so I would continue to use it if possible even if I can’t get a bonus on anything over the £12,000. I have tried calling the bank but they are very busy at the moment. 

Thanks in advance.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure