Vodafone Contract - Change of Price

Options
I have a contract with Vodafone and currently pay £39.00 per month for unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, and 1GB data. The contract commenced in April 2015 on a 24 month contract and the phone I received was a Samsung S6. Vodafone have since altered their prices and through their current offer a new customer, for the same price as I currently pay, can obtain 4GB data. I am running over my data and want to increase this.

Vodafone have informed me that they cannot alter my contract and that if I want more data then I will be required to pay for it, regardless of the contract offer they are currently promoting. Do I have any room for manoeuvre or will I simply have to pay extra? I know I entered in to the contract and thus I am not in a position of power but it seems unfair that they can continue to charge a loyal customer of over 10 years more than a potential new customer.

Thanks

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are in contract .
    You can pay this contract off in full and move or change plans if its going to be a lot cheaper .

Unfair no its the way of the world even more so as we are all advised to seek better deals .
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 December 2015 at 4:42PM
    Options
    Bodders11 wrote: »
    ...for the same price as I currently pay, can obtain 4GB data.
    Well, on a sim-only contract you can obtain 6GB for £27.

With S6 and for £39 new customers can obtain 6GB too, but surely S6 price is much lower now than it was in April when it was just released. Does it come as a surprise that you have pay more if you want a freshly released phone and don't want to wait for a few months until price drops?
    amazon.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0&lang=en

What exactly is unfair?
  • Bodders11
    Bodders11 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fair enough. I have learnt my lesson the hard way. Glad I've joined the forum...
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Forget customer loyalty, it gets you nothing. 'Loyal customers' subsidise the rest of us.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I want an S6 from Vodafone but they wont match the £25 mobilesdirect price which is also on Voda.

Waiting until they give a spec and release date on the new S7, the S6 should be cheaper then.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure