grandad keith

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
3 replies 549 views
grandadkeithgrandadkeith Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Yorkshire Bank Moan Just been in to cash in ISA , you wouldn't believe it was my own money.Needed it urgently,would cost £45 for bankers draft,or could take in cash,opted for cash,then told couldn'tdo that,2 days for cheque via head office.I complained saying I paid money in branch,and expected to take it out in branch,they finally agreed to try !!! and transfer to my Halifax current Acc,but may be a charge and she had never done one before,so couldn't promise it would work,unbelievable!!

Replies

• FlobberchopsFlobberchops Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, you'd be amazed how many bank staff don't know the ins and outs of their own products.
    : )
  • GreenBitterflyGreenBitterfly Forumite
    389 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I just came on here to see what savings account Grandad Keith was! ;)
  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Be aware that a lot of ex building societies and even some banks hold the cash ISA account at a different location to the branch. Usually when this is the case, they are not marketed as instant access because there can be delays drawing it in cash.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals