Sold a GOLD dress. Just got item not as described against me as it's not SILVER!!!!

It's starting isn't it. I should be ready for this but I'm gobsmacked every time. Its December, busy time where the wonderfully annoying buyers come out of the woodwork.
I have just discovered that this woman who bought a gold dress that is described as "gold" in title and "gold" in listing and "gold" in item specifics has opened an item not as described case as it's not silver!!!! Seriously I am so mad and shocked at this. I do unworn returns but she decided to do this. I sell loads of these and never ever had anyone say it even looks silver! It's gold gold gold! :mad:
If you don’t like a thread or post just move on by.

Never a need to be ugly

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    You should be able to get it removed. I still get surprised at customer reaction occasionally even though I think I've seen it all.
    My favourite is along the lines of "even though it said 10", I expected it to be bigger".
  • That's crazy too . I even email people to check they have read listing before I send . I know everytime has to start somewhere but I'd love to block all under 15 feedback buyers - cut out majority of problems.

Never a need to be ugly
  • Offer an apology and ask the customer to upload a photo of the dress they received to the returns flow.

Once there's a picture of a gold dress there upload a screen shot of the title, item specifics and description highlighting each reference of gold.

If the buyer persists hope eBay have common sense when they review the return.
  • Offer an apology and ask the customer to upload a photo of the dress they received to the returns flow.

Once there's a picture of a gold dress there upload a screen shot of the title, item specifics and description highlighting each reference of gold.

If the buyer persists hope eBay have common sense when the review the return.
    Good idea. I will do that. Hope she doesn't change tone. I may get her to take photo of it next to a £1 coin as it's the same colour.

Never a need to be ugly
  • I wouldn't mention the coin, to begin with you want the customer to think you are clarifying their complaint rather than trying to disprove it.
  • I went a bit loony at her showing all the ones I've sold and all the times it says gold...... She closed the dispute :p

So, I should know but don't, have I still lost my fees on this and have ai still got a strike against me if she closed dispute?

Never a need to be ugly
  • There's a defect for the case regardless of how it's closed but they won't be used for seller performance from next year (Feb I think).

If you didn't need to refund them then eBay will keep hold of their fees.
  • If she closed the dispute you haven't lost your fees, you've got to pay the fees on an item you've sold and they'll now be keeping as it would be without her having opened the dispute.

I think you may get a mark against you for a dispute being opened.

Ebay could see the listing and her reason so I'd have just spoken to ebay and told them it is as described and they should have resolved the case. However, your way worked. Although I wouldn't recommend doing that again lol.
  • Just to add you can report thwe buyer for misusing the returns, if the buyer makes a habit of it and eBay take action the defect automatically gets removed (or so eBay says!).
  • Her feedback is 4 . I said she can still return it. I'll do it minus my post though . Really it should cancel strike if they cancel shouldn't it.

Thanks for all advice . Just waiting for my next item not as described. Wish some people knew how to do ebay before they buy

Never a need to be ugly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport