Sky Anytime Extra

teddysmum
teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 29 November 2015 at 8:37PM in Phones & TV
When I renegotiated my Sky package , last month, I agreed that Anytime extra suited us and assumed that the inclusive mobile December 1st, changeover date.

As others commented, my future statements showed £5 for the December bill (trial at old price), then £8 from mid-January, but the calls were still referred to as Anytime (ie not Extra).

Intending to call today, to confirm that the mobile element begins on Tuesday, I noticed that my statements, including the bill paid mid-November, now say Extra.

To my surprise the call centre person said I am already on Extra so mobile calls are already inclusive.

Has anyone, due to be upgraded, tried theirs and found mobile calls 'free' ? (I make a call, then see if I'm billed tomorrow, but being a [STRIKE]meanie[/STRIKE] moneysaver, don't want to waste money unnecessarily.)

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 November 2015 at 8:22PM
    The deal with inclusive calls to mobile numbers has already been available from Sky for a number of months.

At the point of re-negotiation you're immediately moved on to the new tariff, no need to wait until 1 December.

Those that haven't already moved to it, or cancelled, before 1 December 2015, will be automatically moved on to it on that date.
  • teddysmum
    Ian011 wrote: »
    The deal with inclusive calls to mobile numbers has already been available from Sky for a number of months.

At the point of re-negotiation you're immediately moved on to the new tariff, no need to wait until 1 December.

Those that haven't already moved to it, or cancelled, before 1 December 2015, will be automatically moved on to it on that date.

Thank you. I didn't know the details, as I negotiated , knowing about the increases, so didn't get an email.

It was seeing the calls referred to as just Anytime, until today, and the mention of Dec 1st changeover that convinced me that we had to wait.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 29 November 2015 at 9:21PM
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Intending to call today, to confirm that the mobile element begins on Tuesday, I noticed that my statements, including the bill paid mid-November, now say Extra.

As does my Dad's November bill whereas before it just said Anytime. However the charge is still £5pm and doesn't change to £8pm till the January bill.
    To my surprise the call centre person said I am already on Extra so mobile calls are already inclusive.

If you're still paying £5pm they won't be.
    Has anyone, due to be upgraded, tried theirs and found mobile calls 'free' ? (I make a call, then see if I'm billed tomorrow, but being a [STRIKE]meanie[/STRIKE] moneysaver, don't want to waste money unnecessarily.)

Dad's bill is dated 22nd November to 21st December and now says Anytime Extra. Mum made a mobile call on 25th November and it was chargeable as I would expect.

Wait until December 1st if you don't want to be charged.
  • teddysmum
    edited 29 November 2015 at 10:02PM
    jem16 wrote: »
    As does my Dad's bill.

If you're still paying £5pm they won't be.

Dad's bill is dated 22nd November to 21st December and now says Anytime Extra. Mum made a mobile call on 25th November and it was chargeable as I would expect.

Wait until December 1st if you don't want to be charged.

My bills from October did say just Anytime,but have been retrospectively changed (I assume quite recently).

I was told that the £8 wouldn't kick in until the bill for mid January but the line increase would appear in the next bill ater Dec 1st when it begins (ie no months at two rates)

I have just made a brief call to my son's mobile (got voicemail anyway) so will check the itemised calls tomorrow.

The call centre man did assure me, though, that as my bills said Extra, mobile calls were inclusive.
  • jem16
    My bills from October did say just Anytime,but have been retrospectively changed (I assume quite recently).

Just the same as my Dad's. I know it said just Anytime last time I looked.
    I was told that the £8 wouldn't kick in until the bill for mid January but the line increase would appear in the next bill ater Dec 1st when it begins (ie n months at two rates)

Which is what my Dad's future subs say - November bill £5pm, December bill £5pm, January bill £8pm. However all now say Anytime Extra.
    I have just made a brief call to my son's mobile (got voicemail anyway) so will check the itemised calls tomorrow.

Do let us know although I suspect you will be charged.
    The call centre man did assure me, though, that as my bills said Extra, mobile calls were inclusive.

You mean just like they're telling everyone to phone up after 10 months to get a new deal? ;)

I suspect he's just looked at the Extra part and not really checked out the rest. If it was true my parents would not have been charged for the 5 mobile calls they have made since the 22nd November.
  • teddysmum
    If I am charged (I will let you know), I will complain, even though the charge will be trivial.

If I am charged, the next question will be do the inclusive mobile calls begin on December 1st of December bill date (15th in my case) ? The dates of the month's trial period, at the old price, have not been made clear.

Had your parents renegotiated and agreed to the new package recently, as I did ? If they didn't, then I would expect any mobile calls to be chargeable until December 1st.
  • jem16
    If I am charged, the next question will be do the inclusive mobile calls begin on December 1st of December bill date (15th in my case) ? The dates of the month's trial period, at the old price, have not been made clear.

The letter was quite clear in that it would start on December 1st.
    Had your parents renegotiated and agreed to the new package recently, as I did ? If they didn't, then I would expect any mobile calls to be chargeable until December 1st.

No they hadn't renegotiated recently.

I think the main point is that if you're currently only being charged £5pm then you're still on the old Anytime tariff. I wouldn't expect any renegotiation to move you as you would normally stay on the same package unless you specifically ask to move.
  • teddysmum
    As rang to negotiate a complete package, I mentioned wanting to keep Anytime in it's new form. I received neither letter nor email, so assumed this was because I had made my request clear.

As your parents didn't get in touch, they would fall into the being transferred as there was no contact made before Dec1 group.

I think the person in post 2 is saying I am already on the new system because I actually agreed instead of waiting and the option has been available for a while (possibly at £5 until the Dec 1 price rise?)

Anyway,tomorrow will make things clear....or not..
  • jem16
    As rang to negotiate a complete package, I mentioned wanting to keep Anytime in it's new form. I received neither letter nor email, so assumed this was because I had made my request clear.

If that was the case then you would have been paying £8pm since you renegotiated but you said you have only been paying £5 pm.

As your parents didn't get in touch, they would fall into the being transferred as there was no contact made before Dec1 group.

Agreed.

I think the person in post 2 is saying I am already on the new system because I actually agreed instead of waiting and the option has been available for a while (possibly at £5 until the Dec 1 price rise?)

Anyway,tomorrow will make things clear....or not..

The package has been available since July for anyone that wanted to move to it. However they would have been charged £8pm. I'm on it and have been since the 10th November when I rejoined Sky. I'm paying £8pm but the increase on the line rental hasn't happened yet.

Ian seems to be assuming that everyone who has renegotiated their contract since July when the new tariffs were introduced has been automatically put onto them. This isn't the case though unless you specifically asked to move onto them in which case you would be paying the extra £3pm.
  • teddysmum
    As you suspected, I was charged, so rang to clarify things.

The lady, I spoke to, checked and was surprised that my bills back to March had been changed to Extra and as the change was recent, thought someone had been told to alter the wording so future bills read Extra, but the system changed all bills.(last night's call centre person acting on this (mis)information)

She double checked whether the 'free' mobile calls begin on December 1st or on customers' first December billing date and confirmed that they do begin tomorrow.

I have been credited with the cost of the charged call.

Despite what some claim, Sky's customer service is good in the majority of cases.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure