Good deal for a Sony Z5 from Very.co.uk???

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking to ditch my old Samsung S3 and have been looking at a Sony Z5. Looking at buying the phone outright, already have a decent £12/month sim from Virgin (can't get O2 or Vodafone coverage where I need it, plus Vodafone cust service I have found to be shockingly bad!).

Not many deals out there except from Very.co.uk. Calculating buying the phone through their credit system to get 205 off the £539 price, then a further 10.1% off through Topcashback.co.uk would make the phone £381.

Can anyone better that?

Any bad experiences using Very.co.uk?

Comments

• SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Huwbert wrote: »
    Not many deals out there except from Very.co.uk. Calculating buying the phone through their credit system to get 205 off the £539 price, then a further 10.1% off through Topcashback.co.uk would make the phone £381.

How does buying it on credit (BNPL?) give you a £205 discount?
  • Huwbert
    Options
    Typo, I meant 20%. :o
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How do you get 20% off? If you have to go through their credit system how will it track from a cashback site?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2015 at 9:08AM
    Options
    Mobile contracts go through a credit system yet cashback isn't normally an issue. However, I'd be surprised if a company like very had the best prices on anything.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    If you can get the credit limit for 20% off on a first order it is worth it, I did it many years ago for a tv from a catalogue and saved £50 over the price anywhere.

The sticking point is most average credit files get £300-350 with Very on a first order.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure