Three mobile phone trade in issues

I traded my iphone5 c in with three trade in company. I received an email back from the subsidiary company saying that the emei number showed the phone as blocked . Upon contacting Three network they replied that the phone was not blocked . Check end who are the company provided info only via email( you cannot appear to contact them by phone ) explaining that the phone had been blocked by telecom bougeres in 2014 but explained that there can be a mismatch between global registers and national registers this info re mobile could be wrong...so 3 weeks later with daily phone contact with 3 customer complaints has resulted in no phone but no trade in money either ! any help / advice gratefully appreciated .

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Floro wrote: »
    any help / advice gratefully appreciated .
    A Letter Before Action (by email) giving them, say, 7 day to pay or to return the phone, then a claim to SCC (online) for the money they owe you plus expenses (if any).
  • I'm wondering if you are lodging your complaint with the right people. If it's the trade in company refusing to pay out, then I'd say your complaint is with them. Three aren't going to pay you anything and at best will try help provide any information you need e.g. proof of purchase.

Take the complaint to the recycling company asking for them to pay up or return your phone. It may be worth asking if they'll accept proof of purchase from Three (if that's where you bought it).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure