HTB ISA interest rates

Options
Natwest is first out of the starting blocks and is setting the bar with 2% AER variable. It's not up on their site yet but should be any time soon.

This is a much better rate than I expected but is of course tempered by the fact that there is a very low maximum you can pay in each month. From a pure interest point of view, there's still nothing that beats Regular Savings and the best current accounts.

Anyone else seen any other rates yet?

Comments

• MARTYM8`
    MARTYM8` Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Natwest is first out of the starting blocks and is setting the bar with 2% AER variable. It's not up on their site yet but should be any time soon.

This is a much better rate than I expected but is of course tempered by the fact that there is a very low maximum you can pay in each month. From a pure interest point of view, there's still nothing that beats Regular Savings and the best current accounts.

Anyone else seen any other rates yet?

I expect they will all offer good rates - they want the eventual mortgage business.

Many FTBs will probably just take a mortgage with the same place they bank/have their HTB ISA with.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MARTYM8` wrote: »

Many FTBs will probably just take a mortgage with the same place they bank/have their HTB ISA with.

You would hope FTBs will be smart enough to shop around for the best ISA.

But I fear you are right, a significant number will just take out a mortgage with whoever they have their ISA with. Worse still they'll probably think 2% is a great rate - - - and even worse than that, many journalists will tell them that this interest rate is great. Mind you, that's all good news for those who are saving in the high interest accounts.
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Crap rate. Expected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts