New boiler, is this quote fair?

This is a Quote I received for the work below for £3200
1. Disconnect and remove the existing boiler.
2. Supply and fit a new Worcester Bosch 25i central heating boiler. This will be located in the same position as the existing boiler
3. Supply and fit all associated system filters.
4. Supply and a new wireless programable room stat.
5. Disconnect and remove the hot water cylinder all all redundant pipe work.
6. System cleaned and a chemical inhibitor added on completion.
7. New boiler will come with a 7-year parts and labour warranty.
8. New boiler registered with Gas Safe.

pay all debts off 2023-No 30 paid £3340.45/£7941

Comments

• gill5blue wrote: »
    This is a Quote I received for the work below for £3200
    1. Disconnect and remove the existing boiler.
    2. Supply and fit a new Worcester Bosch 25i central heating boiler. This will be located in the same position as the existing boiler
    3. Supply and fit all associated system filters.
    4. Supply and a new wireless programable room stat.
    5. Disconnect and remove the hot water cylinder all all redundant pipe work.
    6. System cleaned and a chemical inhibitor added on completion.
    7. New boiler will come with a 7-year parts and labour warranty.
    8. New boiler registered with Gas Safe.

Any comments? Please

• Not a gas engineer but here goes:

1. If the quote is from British Gas, it will undoubtedly be excessive
    2. The retail price of this boiler is about £1k. Ask the person who quoted it how long it will take to install, then add in a reasonable daily rate, maybe £200 for extra bits and pieces , a bit of profit and see how that stacks up.

My gut says it is at least £1k over the top.
  • The bit that hard to tell is what exactly there doing in removing cylinder pipe work the rest though is bog standard as an example this firm straight swap is half that price that’s not a recommendation to use them just a guide too go by.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cheap-Worcester-Bosch-25i-Combi-Boiler-Supplied-Fitted-0-Finance-Available-/111752168453?hash=item1a04f2c405:g:~I4AAOSwrklVU5Zp
  • Thankyou for your replies
    My gut feeling that it was overpriced by £1000 too, which is why I put the question here. :)

The pipe work that would be removed is the emersion heater and pipe work. The emersion heater is upstairs and the boiler is downstairs. hth
    Gill 5 blue

• What is your existing boiler ?
    As per #2 is this from BG or an independent ?
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • Hi,
    It is a baxi solo 420
    The quote is from an independent
    Gill5blue

• Baxi don't make a 420 so I assume you mean a solo 2 40 ?
    That prob has a 15mm gas supply & your new boiler will require a 22mm gas but I can't see anything in your quote about upgrading this ?
    Its difficult to see any factors that may cause a problem with installation over the keyboard but I tend to agree that its overpriced,
    I'm not a lover of WB either (don't believe all the hype or what you read in Which), you could get a better boiler for less money,
    Look at Atag or Intergas

• bretts
    bretts Posts: 470 Forumite
    Not meaning to hijack this thread but just out of curiosity, going through a lot of thread on replacing boiler and associated cost, I am seeing a lot of gas professionals like southcoastcorgi who deal with boilers on a regular basis prefer atag or intergas, I am just a layman and as I am myself looking to replace a blown up boiler and hanging between intergas and vaillant, when you call someone home they always say go for vaillant as its the best, but I think you guys are experts at what you do and would not recommend a half decent product as you are not making anything out of it, then why people who come to do survey mostly suggest vaillant if we are looking for a good boiler.

I am not comparing anyone here but as a layman just asking and looking for info.
    I am IT person so no knowledge of it what so ever but if you come to me and ask which laptop i should buy I will tell you lets say dell as I have worked with them for 20 years and know it inside out but if you go to a shop they might say toshiba.
    I have to spend money but i want to spend it on something which is good and I am sure you guys know what you are talking about.
  • Yes, southcoast it is baxi solo 2 40.
    Gill5blue

• Im a Vailliant Advanced Installer & I've never fitted one
    I got signed up by the rep doing a breakfast morning in a merchant when I was miles from home does that tell you anything bretts ?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure