New State Pension starting amount and full record of qualifying years- trial service

Options

Comments

• noh
    noh Posts: 5,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 November 2015 at 4:50PM
    Options
    greenglide wrote: »
    So where does that come from?

Since the nSP maximum amount is £155 (according to the BBC on the autumn statement) you can only get over that if you have a protected payment from a starting amount under the old rules. Since additional years after 5/4/2016 cannot increase this were doe the £161.28 figure come from?

I havent been able to log in to the service - the recorded announcement doesnt repeat the announcement and what sounds (to me) like "tank.service" obviously is not right!

The £159.51 is based on NI contributions to April 2015.
    I'm assuming the extra £1.77 to bring it to £161.28 would be from my 2015/2016 NI contributions which aren't taken into account yet.
    Therefore because I will have one more qualifying year under the old rules I have already hit the maximum amount I can get.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 November 2015 at 4:59PM
    Options
    noh wrote: »
    The £159.51 is based on NI contributions to April 2015.
    I'm assuming the extra £1.77 to bring it to £161.28 would be from my 2015/2016 NI contributions which aren't taken into account yet.
    Therefore because I will have one more qualifying year under the old rules I have already hit the maximum amount I can get.

I would guess that you already have 30 qualifying years (before allowing for 2015/2016), the maximum required for the existing state scheme calculation, but the £1.77 is additional state pension (S2P) estimated for 2015/2016 (?)
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,800 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SnowMan wrote: »
    I would guess that you already have 30 qualifying years (before allowing for 2015/2016), the maximum required for the existing state scheme calculation, but the £1.77 is additional state pension (S2P) estimated for 2015/2016 (?)
    Yes you are correct.
    I already have 44 qualifying years. It will be S2P for 2015/16.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Well that was fun. I have a government gateway account which is quite capable of verifying who I am with more certainty the Experian can, however ...
    If you continue to contribute to your National Insurance record your forecast in 2016 will be £120.66 a week

Really? It has always been more than that, unless this is the new rules amount which makes some sense.
    Amount based on your contributions up to 2015 £158.29 a week
    Better - that is close to what my printed statement said.
    Amount if you continue to contribute until 2016 £120.66 a week
    So adding the current year to my earlier years causes it to go down? Since I have lots of years and am currently contracted out the current year will make no difference at all.

Total qualifying years is 46 plus the current year with no passes!

So HMRC has taken over the on-line Pension Forecasting from DWP? DWP do, of course, rely on HMRC to give them the contributions data and NIRS2 has always calculated the current entitlement so it makes sense.
  • butterfly72
    butterfly72 Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Thanks for this.

I was given a figure of £151.25 per week at retirement and a figure upto 5 April 2015 which is £89.66 per week.

It gives me no breakdown or yearly amounts etc, just the two figures mentioned. I've been in the NHS for 15 years so I wonder if its taken that into account.
    £2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I think the £89.66 is calculated under the new rules (so has the rebate derived amount deducted) and the £151.25 the old rules amount?

What is your SPa and have you been not contracted out during the rest of your working life?
  • butterfly72
    butterfly72 Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    greenglide wrote: »

What is your SPa and have you been not contracted out during the rest of your working life?

SPA is 67. I guess I've only been contracted out during my NHS employment. I've not always worked tho..travel, uni and playing ponies! I'd love to see exactly how many years I do have and when.
    £2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
  • JezR
    JezR Posts: 1,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This system also allows you to look at your NI record, at least to the extent of years with no/insufficient contributions.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Can't someone post up the web site link please. I've just tried calling the number on the Future Pensions webpage and as its after 6pm all I am getting is the "we are closed please go to www.gov.uk" message.

Cheers
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 25 November 2015 at 7:45PM
    Options
    Shedman wrote: »
    Can't someone post up the web site link please. I've just tried calling the number on the Future Pensions webpage and as its after 6pm all I am getting is the "we are closed please go to www.gov.uk" message.

Cheers
    I was probably being overcautious not posting it up, albeit there is a lot of information being asked for as part of the verification so calling the state pension statement number to check on the link is recommended (although that clearly isn't possible at the moment)

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/checkmystatepension
    I came, I saw, I melted
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport