New State Pension starting amount and full record of qualifying years- trial service

Options

Comments

• greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    It may only be a beta service but normally beta services would use the existing infrastructure. It looks as if someone, somewhere, has decided to replace the GG with this gov.uk Verify service instead. Since Experian et al are, presumably, being paid for providing this ongoing service the economics must be questionable depending, of course, on who runs and supports the GG these days. Microsoft used to be involved in the early days, not at all sure now.
  • JezR
    JezR Posts: 1,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is the 'new' government verification scheme and I guess the intention is everything will be migrated over to use it in due course.

I think its first major use was as the first part of the application for Marriage Allowance earlier this year.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 November 2015 at 11:54AM
    Options
    this is carp.....third set of uploaded pics and still it say No :mad:

edit - 4th time lucky :D
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Gunjack, if anything like me the passport photo shows a much more youthful and less wrinkled self lol. Took me a couple of goes (used dimmer light for the second one so wrinkles didn't show so much...but the iPad selfie does no favours to ones self esteem :eek: Got there in the end, some useful info but not how the contracted out years have impacted. 43 years contributions but still need to add 4 to get full amount :mad:
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I think its first major use was as the first part of the application for Marriage Allowance earlier this year.
    The transferable part of the tax allowance?

I did that but there was no security on it I seem to recall?
  • GunJack
    Options
    Shedman wrote: »
    Gunjack, if anything like me the passport photo shows a much more youthful and less wrinkled self lol. Took me a couple of goes (used dimmer light for the second one so wrinkles didn't show so much...but the iPad selfie does no favours to ones self esteem :eek: Got there in the end, some useful info but not how the contracted out years have impacted. 43 years contributions but still need to add 4 to get full amount :mad:

I've just had a rough 5 years since driving licence photo :rotfl:

I've always been contracted out, but had 3 years credit for 16-18th birthday years and wasn't there some SERPS messing around in the late 90's? so my starting amount from 30 full years is £136-odd, so I only need 4-5 years out of a possible 19 for the full single-tier amount ;D

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 November 2015 at 1:29PM
    Options
    What a palaver! Why not allow gateway logins?

Anyway, 33 years, £152.60 based on contributions so far, which is £115.95 basic and £36.65 in S2P if my calculations are correct.

£155.47 in 2030, so it looks like even one more year of S2P won't get me beyond the new flat rate.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • Judwin
    Judwin Posts: 207 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the link Snowman.

Not sure, but I think there is an error in mine somewhere. I'm 50 now and it says I have 33 years NI so far, and have missed 2 years in 83/4 and 84/5 when I was at university - Don't think it really matters, but I thought you got credited?

It says my current entitlement is £140.01(as of Apr 2015), and if I continue till retirement I'll get £151.25 (in March 2032).

All sounds fine, but, I was contracted out into a private pension with the Pru from 1989-2006. I was expecting my 'current/old' rules foundation amount to be much closer to the £115 basic plus perhaps a few quid of SERPS/S2P.

Ho Hum - only another 16 years to wait to find out for sure.
  • GunJack
    Options
    Judwin wrote: »
    Thanks for the link Snowman.

Not sure, but I think there is an error in mine somewhere. I'm 50 now and it says I have 33 years NI so far, and have missed 2 years in 83/4 and 84/5 when I was at university - Don't think it really matters, but I thought you got credited?

It says my current entitlement is £140.01(as of Apr 2015), and if I continue till retirement I'll get £151.25 (in March 2032).

All sounds fine, but, I was contracted out into a private pension with the Pru from 1989-2006. I was expecting my 'current/old' rules foundation amount to be much closer to the £115 basic plus perhaps a few quid of SERPS/S2P.

Ho Hum - only another 16 years to wait to find out for sure.

You should have seen the years of your 16th, 17th and 18th birthdays as full years. My college years were only partial as I had a pt-time job during that period and didn't pay enough NI for the year's credit, but you wouldn't normally get credited for college years.

• SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,361 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2015 at 2:51PM
    Options
    Judwin wrote: »
    Automatic youth credits applied from age 16 to 18 (the 3 tax years starting from 6th April before your 16th birthday to be precise).

However you won't have got credits just because you were at university. As most people went to university around age 18-21, you can typically have a few missing years then.

I'm missing a few years for the same reason.

Yes does look a bit strange, but it could be right based on the £140.01 being the old scheme calculation (the new scheme calculation you would expect to be well below £140.01 because of the contracted-out deduction that should apply).

If from 2006 to 2015 you have been contracted-in and working then you might have some significant additional pension from then, and you could have some additional pension from before 1989 which because your contracting out was through a personal pension won't obviously be wiped out by the post 1989 contracting-out.

My best guess is that it is correct.

I recall there a help thing you can click when you are logged in to the DWP system(?). You could try that.
    I came, I saw, I melted
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure