Where can I exchange Royal Mint coins?

Options

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,041 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So ill go back to the first question, on what basis can the refuse to accept legal tender as settlement of a debt?

Your first question didn't mention settlement of a debt. The OP's question didn't refer to debt either, they were just asking about paying the coins into a savings account. Another poster said banks wouldn't accept them and you asked "on what basis can they refuse?"
    on what basis can they refuse?
  • TheNewGuy_2
    Options
    Sorry to tell you that the post office refused even when I asked to deposit them into my Post Office saving account.

I could only use it to pay for "goods and services," but obviously you can't get change from that.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks TNG, for clarifying and letting us know:T
  • TheNewGuy_2
    Options
    No problem; although maybe another post office might be different! I'd try but I figured it's not worth the hassle for what I should keep as it was a gift :D
  • MarkFromCornwall
    Options
    TheNewGuy wrote: »
    I got a £100 coin from a relative

Is it loose or in a presentation pack?
  • TheNewGuy_2
    Options
    Is it loose or in a presentation pack?

Presentation. Never been opened.
  • MarkFromCornwall
    Options
    Please see your private messages for an offer!
  • TheNewGuy_2
    Options
    I'll say this publicly I am not going to accept half what the coin is worth!
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    TheNewGuy wrote: »
    I'll say this publicly I am not going to accept half what the coin is worth!

.......But that is your problem though isn't it? It is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
    Are you only complaining because it has fallen in value rather than increased?
  • TheNewGuy_2
    TheNewGuy_2 Posts: 74 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2015 at 12:12PM
    Options
    .......But that is your problem though isn't it? It is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.
    Are you only complaining because it has fallen in value rather than increased?

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

Just because I don't want to get ripped off. If I really wanted to sell it I could take a shot at selling them on Ebay where they're selling for over £100. I think people know that. So I am asking people not to pm with offers for half the value.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure