18185 available on Tiscali package?

Options
I am currently with Tiscali on a broadband deal of £15.99 per month.My line rental is with the Post Office, which is £1 a month cheaper than than BT,and gives me free after 6pm,and all day calls at weekend to 01/02 UK numbers.
The 18185 service can be used with the above,for cheap calls to Switzerland etc. and daytime UK calls.

I received an email from Tiscali some months ago,offering broadband/free off peak UK calls/with LINE RENTAL for £19.99 inclusive.Many people will know of this offer,but does anyone know if I will still be able to access the 18185 service,once Tiscali take over my line from the Post Office? Anyone out there on this package who is denied this service? In the 3 years that we have been with Tiscali, we have found the service a little slow at times,but overall fine.

The other offer out there is TalkTalk's package which has free anytime calls to 30 countries(including Switzerland) for a similar price.I know that they got a bad press the first time round,but is it any better this time?Your thoughts would be welcome...thanks in advance...Dave.

Comments

• billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    If you move to Tiscali/Talk Talk or any other providers unbundled (llu) service you will Not be able to use the 18185 indirect access code,but you can use for the moment the 0808 freephone access number,however the rates for this are normally different,and within their T&C all suppliers tend to say they can block any access number if they so desire.

See: http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php

I understand that Tiscali will announce free calls to 10 Intl destinations shortly.I have no more info on this yet.;)

Also read my warning here,about if you want to move back to BT.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=536313
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport