Vodafone Credit Check Declined - Perfect Credit Record

Options
astreix
astreix Posts: 237 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Applied for a vodafone mobile contract through mobiles.co.uk and apparently the credit check failed.

Bit surprised as I have a perfect credit record of over 15 years with mortgages, credit card, 2 mobile contracts for other family members in my name etc. and not 1 missed or late payments ever.

The only thing I can think of unusual is that I have 3 address within the last 3 years as I moved houses - but is that a good enough reason to decline a contract?

Well if voda doesn't want my business, so be it but just curious as to the company's logic with credit scoring.

Any views from the Vodafone Company rep?

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    astreix wrote: »
    ...Well if voda doesn't want my business, ...
    See this as a lucky escape
  • WellKnownSid
    Options
    Given the number of "Vodafone ruined my life" threads on the first page at the moment, I would tend to agree.

From personal experience, their billing is poor (to be fair, I was only overcharged once in my eight years with them, but it was almost by £2,000...) and their internet coverage is comical (it's a three hour drive to my nearest 3G signal, whereas EE and Three have had it covered for years.)

We have had outages for weeks at a time, where the response from Vodafone is always the same glib answer - that they are investing millions of pounds in their infrastructure every single day.

As a Vodafone customer you do get free calls from their sales team, who will call you almost weekly trying to get you to upgrade, buy more handsets or lines or tell you about their latest tablet or 4G dongle offer, always without fail at the most awkward moment.

I finally relented last month and got shot of them for EE (me) and payg on Three for the kids. PACs were handed over instantly over the phone without question. I now have super fast mobile Internet, visual voicemail, and Kevin Bacon's seamless WiFi calling on EE... The kids also have reliable and cheap email and browsing thanks to the free 150MB and 1p/MB deal on Three payg.

Only snag, I've kept my VF number so have already had two VF sales calls this week. Ho hum.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    You'd better hope the kids stick to emails or you'll be in for a very nasty surprise at some point.
  • WellKnownSid
    Options
    You'd better hope the kids stick to emails or you'll be in for a very nasty surprise at some point.
    Not really. They are responsible for their own top-ups.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    On the electoral roll at your latest address?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • eagle
    eagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have had outages for weeks at a time, where the response from Vodafone is always the same glib answer - that they are investing millions of pounds in their infrastructure every single day.

I wonder if that's millions of pounds sterling every singly day?

As per the advice of most here OP, consider this a blessing! Get out while you can and don't look back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure