Thomson

Experienced a 5-6 hour flight delay on a return flight from a package holiday booked through Thomson (subsidiary of TUI Group). I used the 'Flight Delay Claim' form on the Thompson website, stating all the flight information including flight number, times and booking referance. I also mentioned the EU rights after reviewing the column on the subject here on Money Saving Expert.
After reading several reviews, I did not hold my breath which perhaps was an unfair presumption to make. Note the booking made included 4 passengers, but I must admit I made no reference to this when filling out the complaint form on the Thompson website.
The flight in question was on Tuesday the 16th of June 2015 and the complaint sent on Thursday the 18th.
Time passed and I visited my local branch to ask for an update, I was given a contact number but advised that due to certain events in Tunisia, flight delay claims were experiencing an abnormally high volume of complaints. Again I found this understandable due to the circumstances and continued to play the waiting game.
The first contact I received back from the company came on the 21st of August 2015 stating the flight was eligable for compensation however an address was not currently held on record to send payment: I replied with the outstanding information the same day.
The 26th of September 2015, 100 days exactly after the initial complaint was sent, a cheque was received through the post offering reinbursement for all 4 passengers from Thompson.
I also know that a second group of 4 recieved a cheque for the same amount sooner than this, and would therefore urge anyone who experiences a delay to at least fill out the form on the website as you really do have nothing to lose.
From what I have read throughout the forum, Thompson particularly seem to get rather a lot of bad press which from my experiences seems totally unwarrented. Patience and a little bit of luck with regards to the reason your flight was delayed, can pay dividends!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport