Replacement for old Samsung Galaxy Note - help needed!

Options
Hi guys

I've had my Samsung Galaxy Note for several years now and been pleased with it but I'm now looking to update to a 4G phone and would be really grateful for some advice.

I would like to keep with EE if possible, phone needs to be 5 inches or larger and running Android. I would use it for texts, calls, internet, photos, games etc.

I am currently paying about £23 per month on a contract and would like to keep to a similar price. Ideally there would be no handset charge.

Any suggestions etc would be very welcome!

Thanks all.

chessfan

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Using the "Cheap Mobiles Tool" here on MSE I came across the Samsung Galaxy S5.

No upfront cost, 1000 Minutes, Unlimited Texts and 2GB of 'Double Speed' 4G EE data.

Plan costs £24.99/month (before EE increase the line rental based on RPI in March 2016).
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can get the newer Galaxy S6 for £25 on the mobiledirect site.

I tried to get Voda to match it as the MD price is on their network but they wouldnt drop it below £28 with one month free so equivalent to £26.83 a month for 1000 minutes unl txt and 1Gb data.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 November 2015 at 6:11AM
    Options
    How about vodafone smart ultra 6 (£125 I think), unlocked with sim only

I reckon you'd save about £10 a month, so would be about £100 better off after the 2 years, after paying for phome
  • chessfan
    Options
    Thanks guys, very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills