New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

A real work at home job

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Employment, Jobseeking & Training
3.3K replies 335.9K views

Replies

• Oliver27Oliver27 Forumite
    606 posts
    mustbemad wrote: »
    I thought I was going to fall at the first hurdle there for a minute! I just did the pc test and it failed me first time, said our network wasnt fast enough :mad: This is quite true as though we pay for up to 8 meg, we only get a palty 1 :sad: The strange thing about it though was that I had the laptop plugged straight into the router via ethernet when it failed. It only passed after I went back to wireless again :confused: I would have thought it would have been faster plugged in! Maybe tech support isnt for me lol.

Like peacock3022, I got an email saying I am being sent a cd next and will be phoned if my pc passes the next test. Maybe its because the lappie failed the test first time around?

Good luck everyone applying :D

MBM x

That is odd about the wireless thing because it
    says you cant use wireless when your working with
    them, you should use a ethernet cabe to a modem/router

i think the real test is when you get your workbooth cd
    this will prove that everything will work when it comes to
    starting for them
    606 posts
    when i try and do the systems check on the computer it comes up with acsess violation?????? can anyone help please thank you xx

make sure any third party anti-virus programs are disabled

How far are you getting?

follow these steps
    1. go to http://workbooth.net/assessment/
    2. read text then click link to download file
    3. save file to your desktop or any where you can find it easily
    4. find file you just saved called setup.exe double click to run it
    5. skip any warnings by clicking allow or run
    6. Workbooth system check window will pop up, click setup
    7. this will open a webpage with your pc details, click Post Information
    8. Another page will pop up fill in your details and press summit

Job done :)
  • Hi MBM No, only got the results with submit....my browser is Firefox. No other window opens, help
  • Hi guys, I've just had a phone call before I received the worrkbooth cd. I just had to answer a few yes/no questions. I was told I would have my final interview 2mrw. It will be at 8pm British time. Only thing is I need 2 personal and two profesional references. Who exactley can give me these ? Silly question I know, but still.

Thank you xxx
    Eeee by gum, does your belly touch your bum ? :p
    606 posts
    They only need to contact 2 out of the 4,
    I gave my two last workplaces and two good
    friends who also have professional jobs
  • mustbemadmustbemad Forumite
    609 posts
    yasmin911 wrote: »
    Hi MBM No, only got the results with submit....my browser is Firefox. No other window opens, help

I'm pretty sure you need to use windows explorer as your browser. Maybe you could try again using windows and see if you get the window then?

Oliver27 has posted a list of the steps above which is very helpful!

MBM x
  • mustbemadmustbemad Forumite
    609 posts
    Oliver27 wrote: »
    They only need to contact 2 out of the 4,
    I gave my two last workplaces and two good
    friends who also have professional jobs

Arrrggh, goodness knows who I will ask!! I havent worked for over 2 years due to looking after my child who had a serious illness :sad: Are you allowed to use 2 friends or does it have to be at least 1 workplace and 1 friend?

MBM xx
  • Oh lord, I have just done the two tests. Why on earth could I not right click. I always right click everything ! LOL

Heres to hoping I did well enough xxx
    Eeee by gum, does your belly touch your bum ? :p
  • I am so worried about references, I can safely provide 2 but having worked in two family business' for last 4 years.... I can't put my husband down!

It is the emails I am having trouble with, one reference doesn't have one.. plus I have to provide two more.......

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGH

I've got the job subject to references......on 7-11pm

Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon - Wed, Thu
  • sammyysammyy Forumite
    478 posts
    Blimey,that was quick!!!I filled in the application yesterday evening and did the computer assesment test today.I'm waiting for the workstation disk and have already had a phone call this afternoon.I have recieved the online test but haven't opened it yet and have second phone interview booked for tomorrow afternoon!!!:eek:

Whats the online test like?

Is it timed or is there any pointers anyone can give??
    Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support