A real work at home job

Options

Comments

• daviedude
    Options
    So far I've filled in the application at the Hire Point website, completed the Technical and Skills Assessments, received the Work Booth CD (twice) and confirmed, by email, I will attend the online Group Information Session next Tuesday.

I haven't had any telephone interviews atall yet.
  • Oliver27
    Options
    daviedude wrote: »
    So far I've filled in the application at the Hire Point website, completed the Technical and Skills Assessments, received the Work Booth CD (twice) and confirmed, by email, I will attend the online Group Information Session next Tuesday.

That sounds all fine, you wont have a 1-2-1 interview till after getting
    past the group meeting stage.
  • Oliver27
    Options
    Taz02 wrote: »
    i am with aol gold package, phoned them and they said i could get a better a better package but need to sign up to a contract for a further 18 months, which i definatly dont want to do. is bandwidth speed of the connection? tried to get help from live help but they didn't seem to be able to help at all!

Never heard about this error before, do you get this on the black loading
    screen or on the workbooth desktop?

you connected to your router with a Ethernet cable yeah?
  • PaulK_3
    PaulK_3 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    Taz02 wrote: »
    i am with aol gold package, phoned them and they said i could get a better a better package but need to sign up to a contract for a further 18 months, which i definatly dont want to do. is bandwidth speed of the connection? tried to get help from live help but they didn't seem to be able to help at all!
    Bandwidth is basically the speed available to you on your package, what speed are you physically getting? Do you take service from Sky at all? If you get Sky tv then you can get Sky BB probably. May be worth looking around at your BB options to see if you can get a better deal.
    Also have you tried running the test while nothing is running on the pc at all? Make sure no P2P software, email software, chat client etc are running.
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    daviedude wrote: »

I also have had all of the above except the workbooth cd. Haven't been told i'm being sent one.

Maybe you have got mine! I am thinking about going to the meeting on Friday but will clarify with them tomorrow. (Send the email first thing)
  • RebekahR
    Options
    Oliver27 wrote: »
    That sounds all fine, you wont have a 1-2-1 interview till after getting
    past the group meeting stage.

Do we need a telephone to take part in this group meeting?
  • Oliver27
    Oliver27 Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    RebekahR wrote: »
    Do we need a telephone to take part in this group meeting?

Yep you will need to be in-front of a PC and have a telephone available too
  • RebekahR
    Options
    Bugga. Ok will a cordless be fine for the 20-30 mins it is?

Does it have to be the pc you will be using for training/working or is any ok for this meeiting?
  • becky2011
    Options
    You can use a cordless phone but remember to charge it up first! The meeting that I attended lasted over an hour.
    You do need to use the computer that you used to complete the workbooth disc I think because you need to be able to link into their meeting place. There should be a link to the meeting place in the email that you will get the day before the meeting. I think that's how it works anyway.
    Good luck!
  • Little_Star_3
    Options
    i passed the tests but haven't gotten the cd yet...i asked live help and they said it would take at least ten days :s

The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart.
    -- Josiah G. Holland
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport