🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• amhuk
    amhuk Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 28 November 2012 at 2:42AM
    Options
    YoJo wrote: »
    This did help massively, I have just booked and got the Doubletree Hilton Tower Bridge for £89.10 (also had a 10% for lastminute). The weird thing is, I had earlier today Googled the description 'Stunning stylish hotel with world renowned bar' but it didn't come up. I only found this post by chance when I was trying to find out what another description was.
    Hi do you know if this is still on there ? I looked but couldn't see it. I have had trouble finding the names of the hotels, my searches bring up not a lot really, any help is appreciated, thanks. Also you mentioned a 10% last minute discount can anybody use this ?
  • Mearsey
    Options
    Hi, I read this thread before being successful at booking the Park Plaza Westminster bridge hotel back in March, so thank you so much for all the information!

But! They have changed the title on the secret search and it is no longer under it's old title. Can anyone either let me know if they have been successful in a recent booking, or confirm if this title is correct as I suspect it may be. Thanks again.

Deluxe and Modern hotel in the heart of London

Sorry, I had to edit my post and remove the link as I am not allowed to post links as a newbie.
    Deluxe and Modern hotel in the heart of London GB

Hotel Details
    The hotel is ideally located in the heart of central London with many of the capital's hot-spots and famous sights right on its doorstep. Elegant and luxurious, the hotel is the perfect choice for both leisure and business trips to London. It has a good choice of restaurants, a lounge and a bar. Famous for its friendly and attentive service, it will not disappoint you.

Local attractions

• Buckingham Palace
    • Covent Garden
    • St Paul's Cathedral
    • Tate Modern

Hotel facilities

• 24 hour security
    • Airport transfers*
    • Banqueting facilities*
    • Car rental desk*
    • City tours*
    • Club lounge*
    • Currency Exchange
    • Dry cleaning*
    • Eco-Friendly
    • Express check-in/check-out
    • Free newspaper
    • Ice machine
    • Laundry*
    • Limousine Service*
    • Lobby bar*
    • Luggage room
    • PC for guests in the lobby
    • Postal and fax service*
    • Reception (24 hours)
    • Shoe shine
    • Spa treatments*
    • Theatre reservations*
    • Tour desk*
    • Valet parking*
    • VIP services*
    • Well-being massage*
    • Wellness area*
    • Wi Fi
    • Premiere TV*
    • 24 hour concierge
    • Gay Friendly
    • Extra towels and linen change on request (to be paid locally)*
    *May incur additional costs

Room facilities

• Room Service*
    • Air Conditioning
    • Alarm clock
    • Radio
    • Bathrobe
    • City Map
    • Complimentary mineral water
    • Complimentary toiletries
    • Connecting Rooms
    • Double-glazed windows
    • Flat screen LCD TV
    • Free Internet access
    • Slippers
    • sofa bed
    • sofa bed*
    • Coffee/tea facilities
    • Wake-up calls
    • High speed internet connection*
    • Work desk with lamp
    • Hairdryer
    • Microwave Oven
    • Interactive TV programmes*
    • Iron & ironing board
    • kitchenette
    • Heating
    • Late check-out*
    • Living area
    • Kitchen range
    • Free safe box with laptop capacity

Business facilities

• Audio/Visual Equipment
    • Audio/Visual Equipment*
    • Banqueting Centre
    • Banqueting Centre*
    • Board room
    • Internet
    • Business Centre
    • Business Centre*
    • Business facilities
    • Business facilities*
    • Conference Centre
    • Conference Centre*
    • Conference Rooms
    • Conference Rooms*
    • Digital Lines
    • Executive lounge
    • Executive lounge*
    • Exhibition room
    • Exhibition room*
    • Fax service
    • Fax service*
    • Flipchart
    • Flipchart*
    • Meeting Rooms
    • Meeting Rooms*
    • Overhead projector
    • Overhead projector*
    • PC for Guests
    • PC for Guests*
    • Photocopying
    • Photocopying*
    • Printer
    • Printer*
    • Secreterial Service
    • Secreterial Service*
    • sound equipment
    • sound equipment*

Disabled facilities

• Accessible Rooms
    • Accessible Rooms

Leisure facilities

• Beauty salon
    • Beauty salon*
    • Beauty therapist
    • Beauty therapist*
    • Beauty treatment
    • Beauty treatment*
    • Evening entertainment
    • Evening entertainment*
    • Fitness Center
    • Health Club
    • Indoor Pool
    • Massage
    • Massage*
    • Sauna
    • spa
    • spa*
    • Steam bath
    • Steam room
    • Wellness centre
    • Wellness centre*

Hotel Policies

• Check-in time: 14:00
    • Check-out time: 12:00
    Children policy

• Children welcome
    Smoking policy

• Smoking not permitted

Credit cards accepted by hotel

• American Express
    • Carte Bleue
    • Delta
    • Diners Club International
    • EC
    • Eurocard
    • JCB
    • Maestro
    • Mastercard
    • Solo
    • Switch
    • Visa
    • Visa Electron
  • juliahanson
    Options
    This apartment hotel provides each of the guests with the ultimate experience in luxury living and total relaxation. Situated minutes from the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and a few minutes from Waterloo Tube Station, you are connected to wherever you have to go. The property gives you access to a gym, a multi award winning restaurant and a bar.

Does anyone know this hotel? I couldn't find it in the thread... Thanks in advance!
  • Top Secret hotel What is it? I've looked through the forum but haven't found a post about this one. Any help is really appreciated, thanks!

Luxury hotel in the shadow of Westminister Abbey

Hotel Details
    Luxury 5 star hotel in walking distance from most of London iconic attractions such as Houses of Parliament with Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and Piccadilly. The hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi and has a buzzing destination restaurant and bar.
    View full hotel description
    Location information
    0.5 miles
    0.5 miles
    0.5 miles
    Hotel facilities
    Room Service
    Room Service
    Air Conditioning
    Bathrobe
    Cable television
    Climate Control
    Complimentary mineral water
    Complimentary toiletries
    Daily housekeeping
    Double-glazed windows
    Duvets
    En-Suite Bathroom
    Coffee/tea facilities
    Telephone
    Television
    Trouser Press
    Voicemail
    High speed internet connection
    Hairdryer
    Mini-bar
    Pay TV
    Safe
  • Luca2013
    Options
    Does anybody know what this hotel may be???

Thanks in advance for any clues!

Brand new hotel in the heart of the East End - 4* - London

Recently opened hotel situated in the heart of the East End. Stylish and spacious bedrooms, 24 hour room service, restaurant and the concierge team will make your stay in London comfortable and carefree. With transport links close by you can be in the west end in approx. 20 minutes. It's an ideal choice both for business and leisure guests. Free wifi is available throughout.
  • laurmurph
    Options
    The top secret 'fashionable and elegant hotel near Oxford Circus' is the Melia White House Hotel.
    I got B&B mid-week for £100
    laurmurph
  • ndd
    ndd Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Stunning hotel on the doorstep of Leicester Square GB

This elegant hotel is fantastically located in the vibrant area of Leicester Square & Piccadilly Circus. Explore the West End Theatres, Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square, Covent Garden & the unbeatable shopping on Regent & Oxford Streets all within minutes walking distance from the hotel.

Does anyone have any ideas which hotel this is?
    It has been asked on the thread before but I can't seem to find an answer!

Any help would be appreciated! thanks
  • Everynamestaken
    Options
    Hi all, might book this tomorrow, but never been on last minute before. I just hope this doesn't sound too good to be true as the price is very low. If anyone can tell me what the hotel is before I finally book it, it will be appreciated.

This hotel offers luxury facilities and great views over London for all travellers. Dining in the hotel's restaurant is a great experience, enjoy local and international dishes with exceptional service. All guests enjoy complimentary use of the swimming pool, gym, steam room and sauna. Its 1.8 mile from big ben, 2 mile from the west end and 2.9 mile from oxford circus.

Once again, many thanks
  • Everynamestaken
    Options
    Hi all, might book this tomorrow, but never been on last minute before. I just hope this doesn't sound too good to be true as the price is very low. If anyone can tell me what the hotel is before I finally book it, it will be appreciated.

This hotel offers luxury facilities and great views over London for all travellers. Dining in the hotel's restaurant is a great experience, enjoy local and international dishes with exceptional service. All guests enjoy complimentary use of the swimming pool, gym, steam room and sauna. Its 1.8 mile from big ben, 2 mile from the west end and 2.9 mile from oxford circus.

Once again, many thanks
    I am led to believe that this was the grange city hotel, and I went direct to it's website, and actually got it slightly cheaper with breakfast included.

Reviews are somewhat mixed at times on trip advisor, but I expect that with everywhere
  • borris1989
    borris1989 Posts: 11 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2013 at 9:08PM
    Options
    Hi gang, I was just looking for a secret hotel myself then realised something.

If you search for hotels in London for specific dates and then in the drop down box select distance from "kings cross" for example, and include the secret hotels in this search, when you find a secret hotel in the list, note the price it should have been, this is the price lastminute charge when the hotel is not secret i.e full price, around this secret hotel listing look for a named hotel which is this price and that is the hotel.

based on this theory I found that "Fabulous Spa Hotel near Covent Garden 5*" was the Grange Holburn

Luxury in the heart of London West End 5* is the Langham, the full price for the hotel was listed as £720 discounted to £338, lastminute were charging £720 for the named hotel. I can confirm this hotel as we just booked it.

Exclusive Hotel in Mayfair 5* is Brown's Hotel

Top West End Hotel 5* is The Athenaeum

and so on, so far I have managed to guess 11 of the secret hotels using this method but could do more, I haven't deduced the hotels which lastminute don't sell rooms for at full price but this is a start

Hope this helps!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport