🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tesco - empty shelves

Options

Comments

• Davidboy
    Davidboy Posts: 922 Forumite
    Options
    I'm glad we are not the only to notice Tescos is getting bad, so bad in fact we try not to shop there anymore. It is always dirty and smelly, shelves empty, and what I hate most is those stupid shelf packers who think it is clever to block the aisle with their trollys and you get a tut when asking to get by.

We now have a 20 min journey to Sainsbury for a big shop and for bits in between we go to Morrisons. Morrisons have got much better lately.

D
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • RibAd
    RibAd Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    if there isn't anything like a local veg arket, then doesn't that mean there's a niche in the market for one to be set up? Why not investigate that route?
    sure it'll take time and money to set up, but if you don't like what's on offer, then you should create an alternative where there isn't one already given.
  • RibAd
    RibAd Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Davidboy wrote: »
    what I hate most is those stupid shelf packers who think it is clever to block the aisle with their trollys and you get a tut when asking to get by.D

next time it happens, send the trolley to the other end of the aisle. It'll really annoy them - thats what I do to other shoppers who barge around the supermarket like they're on the road, or park the trolleys wherever and in whatever way.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,294 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    C_Ronaldo wrote: »
    You contacted tesco HO or terry leahy or whatever his name is

Yes - Terry Leahy. Not that it will go anywhere near him in reality. It will be whisked straight up to the customer service people in Scotland and come back with the usual Tesco standard response. They're very good at pretending they care.

I think, as someone said earlier, the problem here is the absence of any real competition. I don't doubt that there are some good Tescos, but this isn't one of them. People keep going there, despite its problems, because there's nowhere else. This store actually managed to run out of petrol a few weeks ago - nowhere else had any problems at the time.
  • BusinessStudent
    Options
    Tesco are just bloody awful!. Thank you for the posters who have brought the attention to the treatment of this company!
  • dithedancer
    Options
    i always seem to go when the shelves are empty but i cant get around with my trolly because of cages full of stuff that staff seem to have forgotten (unless they want the public to unload it themselves). even frozen goods seem to be forgotten left to thaw until someone gets around to loading the freezers.

dd:confused:
  • redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds very similar to my local Tesco - I've yet to find a time of day when the shelves are anywhere near full, and for some reason they don't seem to be stocking as much of their Value range :confused:

It is possible to do a reasonable priced shop in Waitrose, but it IS more expensive than Tesco, and harder to resist temptation with all the nice stuff they have! Definitely better quality and service though, if I wasn't on such a tight budget at the moment, I'd be in there every week.
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • dithedancer
    Options
    well id go to anywhere, except the next nearest supermarket to me is, yes you may have guessed it ,is another tesco. our local kwik save closed a few weeks ago so traveling any further wouldn't save me much cash.
  • Dave_Brooker
    Dave_Brooker Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I think, as someone said earlier, the problem here is the absence of any real competition.

Other than Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons, coop, Waitrose, aldi, lidl, farmfoods, somerfield, netto, budgens, fortnum and masons, iceland or checkers?

Surely one of those must be a shortish car journey away from you??
    The money, Dave...
  • Dave_Brooker
    Dave_Brooker Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Options
    Tesco are just bloody awful!.

But oddly the nations favorite supermarket...
    The money, Dave...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family