We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tesco - empty shelves

Options

Comments

• looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    So supermarkets are the only places to purchases goods?

Try locals markets/farm shops for your fruit and veg, butchers for your meats and go into your local town for clothes.

Not only will you be getting a better service and better quality, you will also be helping small businesses.

Not everyone has that option, there are no local fruit and veg shops round here, nor butchers :( There is a farmers market but it's only on once a month, and I don't know about you but I need to shop more than once a month. ;)
  • surfcat
    surfcat Posts: 734 Forumite
    Options
    Do you remember the short lived "no more than one in front" campaign?

There was a similar short-lived campaign in Asda where they used to have a sign saying "on saturday and sunday we promise to have all checkouts open". That soon disappeared.
  • AlanUdale
    AlanUdale Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    I llike tesco well not to shop in but to order on line they have sent me to the Costa del Sol and in 2008 going off to Florida all free by useing there vouchers and getting BA airmiles.

My only dislike is the cost of home deliver up to £5.99 Asda is cheaper also they dont price match if they don't have an item and send you something that is more costly they charge you that price where Asda don't.
  • KittyKate
    KittyKate Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    OP, just get it delivered. I do, and you get to avoid the crowds, queues and noise. It works out cheaper for me, too, with money off codes, and I still get to collect clubcard points. Sorted.
  • heather38
    heather38 Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Options
    tesco still have the one in front policy, if you ever hear them calling for a first class service to the tills, that's one in front.
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Yes!

Yes - have spoken to local managers, who make all the right noises but achieve absolutely nothing. The store gets no better, and more and more of us just go to waitrose because it's so much nicer in every way (including the staff). The Tesco remains full because of the lack of real competition, and it has no real incentive to improve.

Now.......if we were to get a Sainsbury.............?

You contacted tesco HO or terry leahy or whatever his name is
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • viv0147
    viv0147 Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi after finishing work last night I went to the 24 hour Tesco store and I bought a buy 1 get 1 free, well after finishing my shopping I then had to scan my shopping and pay because they no longer have anyone on the till during the night ( so now I work for Tesco's Lol).
    After looking at my recipe the item that was supposed to be buy 1 get 1 free I was charged for both, there was a lady working for Tesco by the scan machine and I told her what had happened she said I would have to go back today to get a refund because there was no one at the store with the authority to give a refund which I think is ridiculous.
    So today I went back and the lady on customer services apologized and offered me the refund, I also asked for petrol money which she was very reluctant to give, until I asked to see a manager she then offered me £3.00 plus my refund, which I excepted because I dont live to far away so if you have to go back to any store because of a fault get you expenses
    Low Carb High Fat is the way forward I lost 80 lbs

Since first using Martins I have saved thousands
  • C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    viv0147 wrote: »
    Hi after finishing work last night I went to the 24 hour Tesco store and I bought a buy 1 get 1 free, well after finishing my shopping I then had to scan my shopping and pay because they no longer have anyone on the till during the night ( so now I work for Tesco's Lol).
    After looking at my recipe the item that was supposed to be buy 1 get 1 free I was charged for both, there was a lady working for Tesco by the scan machine and I told her what had happened she said I would have to go back today to get a refund because there was no one at the store with the authority to give a refund which I think is ridiculous.
    So today I went back and the lady on customer services apologized and offered me the refund, I also asked for petrol money which she was very reluctant to give, until I asked to see a manager she then offered me £3.00 plus my refund, which I excepted because I dont live to far away so if you have to go back to any store because of a fault get you expenses

surely there was a manager who could authorise a refund, not a manager but maybe a supervisor
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • dangeroussports
    Options
    viv0147 wrote: »
    After looking at my recipe the item that was supposed to be buy 1 get 1 free I was charged for both

What a recipe for disaster! What sort of recipe was it?
  • paulinespens
    Options
    After all Tescos slogan is "every little helps"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business