How did First Direct come first in MSE polls?

Options

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    It's an A4 envelope
    Are you sure? Mine was an odd format, certainly not A4. More like A5 but wider than A5. And quite bulky.
  • Mr_Goodkat
    Options
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    Smaller than the envelope.

firstdirect.jpg

I am amazed that wouldn't fir through your letterbox!

Do you have a house with a standard letterbox that then drops down to the floor of your hall etc as if you do I am sure it would fit through? If you have something to catch the post like a small basket or a small actual box within an apartment complex for example can understand it otherwise I am thinking lazy post man!!
  • Whalie
    Whalie Posts: 209 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have been a FD customer for over 20 years - I changed to them when I could no longer speak to my own branch of Barclays. I have not gone onto internet banking because on the whole I use DD's and yes, cheques!

Moving cash around etc is just a phone call away and that is where they score. Customer service is good. Always polite, you are listened to and they try their best to help.
  • colsten
    Options
    Whalie wrote: »
    Moving cash around etc is just a phone call away and that is where they score.
    You would expect a bank to be good at that. After all, it's so easy that millions of us do it ourselves online.
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I opened a FD account last month via the switching process from barclays and filled all the information in. Came unstuck as barclays have my pre married name so couldn't switch so rang up today to switch my halifax account instead that does match but was told I won't get the switching bonus as I'm not a new customer!
  • ScrubTastic
    Options
    Well I have excellent credit scoring and have never had late payments on my mortgage or anything. Yet FD declined my application for a bank account. :mad::mad:

Going by some of the negative things I've read about them I may have gotten a lucky escape?:money:
    . I am really annoyed about being rejected though. Thinking of taking it up wit Financial Obudsman, although not sure what they will do.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh goody, another banking thread thats turned into "Look how great I am ive got loads of accounts to earn every possible penny.
  • Kendall80
    Options
    I may very well be closing mine down soon. I switched, mainly lured by the switch bonus and attractive associated products. I am yet to receive the switch bonus 3 weeks after meeting the criteria. I contacted them and received a stock response quoting T&Cs. I'm also not a fan of their online experience and the huge raft of security data they require.
  • colsten
    Options
    Thinking of taking it up wit Financial Obudsman, although not sure what they will do.

That sounds a waste of time as no company can be forced to do business with you. Just as you cannot be forced to do business with a specific company.

You can appeal to FD that they reconsider but it is their decision whether they want to take you on or not.
  • Kendall80
    Options
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Oh goody, another banking thread thats turned into "Look how great I am ive got loads of accounts to earn every possible penny.

Now you mention it.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport