Norwegian air

Options
Help from here please
Using the flight resolver I managed to get a response from Norwegian air on a 8.5 delay back in August. Malaga to Birmingham. Unsurprisingly I'm don't qualify for compensation due to ground damage which is an exceptional circumstance. I was wondering if there was anyway of checking if this is true? I am dubious that the reason given can be classed as an exceptional circumstance. Therefore no compensation for us.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Help from here please
    Using the flight resolver I managed to get a response from Norwegian air on a 8.5 delay back in August. Malaga to Birmingham. Unsurprisingly I'm don't qualify for compensation due to ground damage which is an exceptional circumstance. I was wondering if there was anyway of checking if this is true? I am dubious that the reason given can be classed as an exceptional circumstance. Therefore no compensation for us.
    Thanks in advance

Hi,

Using Aviation Herald I cannot find any reports of ground damage to a Norwegian aircraft at Malaga. It does sound a bit glib and convenient for them. You need to dig deeper.

Damage to an aircraft caused by a third party, say baggage truck etc, doesn't automatically make it an EC.

Try putting your flight details into a couple of flight claim calculators and see if they would accept your case.

You may have to follow Vaubans guide (just Google it) and instigate proceedings against them to eventually get the full and truthful story out of them.

See also this previous post about EC's.....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=69453866&postcount=1681

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ground damage? Please provide more details but at a guess I would say Norwegian are fobbing you off. Exceptional circumstance ..... normal wording/excuse/BS is extraordinary circumstance.
  • Hurricane100
    Options
    Ummmm thanks I don't have anymore info other than we were told when we checked in that the air craft was in Copanhagan. I felt it was very convienent to state something that can't be checked easily. I shall keep digging
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ummmm thanks I don't have anymore info other than we were told when we checked in that the air craft was in Copanhagan. I felt it was very convienent to state something that can't be checked easily. I shall keep digging

So whatever the 'incident' was that caused the delay it happened at least one rotation prior to yours, possibly even before that. So the airline had some time to reorganise things.

What was the date of the delay?

Keep digging and good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Hurricane100
    Options
    Hi the date was 7th August. The airline line knew when we checked in that the plane wouldn't be arriving until 00.30 and this was at 13.30 and they offered no explanation when we boarded just an apology for the delay.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 November 2015 at 11:32PM
    Options
    Your flight was Norwegian air DY5590 7th August 2015 Malaga to Birmingham. Bott & Co say you are due 400 euro per passenger compensation. So read Vaubans guide and submit a NBA, the whole process is explained within the guide.
  • Hurricane100
    Options
    Hi I have issued an NBA to Norwegian air. So we shall see what they say to that.
    Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport