IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye confusion

Options
Hi, I have recently been sent a Parking Charge Notice by PE for an amount of £85.
Now, I have read through the stickies but I am still unsure on what to do.
My situation is that I have been handed this notice due to a 14 minute time I was parked for which was out of car park hours.
1. I did not see the sign as I entered due to it being higher than driving sight. ( so i didnt know there was a driving time restriction).
2. Also it is a free carpark anyway, so how do I have to pay £85 for their losses?

Im not quite sure on what to do, so any help would be appreciated.
Im new to all this, if my question has already been answered somewhere else then can someone point me to the correct place, Thankyou.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    read the newbies sticky thread, third thread down from the top

send them the template appeal using their online appeal portal

if refused, appeal to popla using a bespoke appeal based on legal arguments
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Use the FORUM JUMP in the right of this page (appears twice) to get back to page one and read the sticky thread for NEWBIES first.

Easy first appeal, copy the template, call yourself the registered keeper ONLY.

You've missed the info there all the time at the top but you are not the first! I will not link the thread, never do, newbies are best learning how to forum jump.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nyates88
    Options
    Hi can anyone help iv received 2 letters from zzps about 2 unpaid parking fines at leeds hospital do i i now have to pay this company ??
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nyates88 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone help iv received 2 letters from zzps about 2 unpaid parking fines at leeds hospital do i i now have to pay this company ??

No but you MUST complain to the Hospital and PALS if you/the passengers were patients. If this is ParkingEye, they sue people so you need it cancelled.

Read today's threads instead of ancient ones!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

And read this about ignoring debt collectors:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

But don't ignore court papers of course.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure