Virgin Media downgrading leads to new contract ??

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
2 replies 1.1K views
WLM21WLM21 Forumite
1.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
I have been with Virgin Media for many years, since Blueyonder days.

My broadband, house phone and TV package is with them

Now that our daughter has left home I wanted to cancel our 2nd TV box as well as removing the 'unlimited calls' part of the phone deal.

I was told by VM that I am not in a contract at the moment, must have been with them too long, but if I go-ahead with the proposed changed I will be going into a new contract. That would of course mean I would be tied with them for however long the contract is. I didn't get a chance to ask how long .. as I was talking to them on the phone, I suddenly hear the message 'the other person has cleared the line'

Now I am puzzled ... do I just renew or make a clean break and perhaps join Sky. I know my son would like this too.

Would it be economical to have say the phone / broadband remain with VM and the TV with Sky ?

thank you

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no , would be better to do a full switch to Sky for everything , look at the deals on Topcashback or Quidco

then go back to VM and see if they will match or better that offer (including new customer cashback deals ) when you cancel
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are in a contract, you are just out of minimum term.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals