NOW OPEN: the MSE Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. This time we'd like your questions on TRAVEL & HOLIDAY DEALS. Post by Wed and deals expert MSE Oli will answer as many as he can.

Paper Trimmer Recommendations

in Crafting
4 replies 1.8K views
Annie1960Annie1960 Forumite
3K Posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi

I've had a paper trimmer from Ryman's which is several years old now. The mat is very scratched along the cutting line, and I can't find any replacement mats so I think it's time for a new trimmer.

I would be particularly interested in a trimmer that will let me cut a square out of the middle of card or paper. I've seen these on shopping TV, but the one I saw had very poor reviews.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• greentigergreentiger Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've had a Fiskars one for many years now and it's great - although it's not so good with thinner paper. I often gut my mats to save card. I have a scorer for it too (bought accidentally when buying replacement blades), although I seldom use it.
    Sewing 11Woollies 4Card s 34Film Challenge 0/52 Reading 16/40
  • I've got several!! I have a Fiskars one for cutting cards to size, a small cutter for photos and a guillotine for matting and layering.....
  • nimbonimbo Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Love my fiskars one but it doesn't cut Holes in the middle - although if your dead technical you could probably figure it out.
    The blades chafe dead easy and it has a groove under the balde do the base won't wear out.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • Waterlily24Waterlily24 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I love my Fiskars cutter too.

I haven't heard of anything that can cut a square in the middle, except a knife and ruler lol. You can get punches that cut out square but the squares are usually quite small and you'd have to have one with a long reach to get to the middle.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum