Paper Trimmer Recommendations

in Crafting
4 replies 1.8K views
Hi

I've had a paper trimmer from Ryman's which is several years old now. The mat is very scratched along the cutting line, and I can't find any replacement mats so I think it's time for a new trimmer.

I would be particularly interested in a trimmer that will let me cut a square out of the middle of card or paper. I've seen these on shopping TV, but the one I saw had very poor reviews.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• greentigergreentiger Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've had a Fiskars one for many years now and it's great - although it's not so good with thinner paper. I often gut my mats to save card. I have a scorer for it too (bought accidentally when buying replacement blades), although I seldom use it.
    Fabric 78
    Woolwork 6
    Card Making 85
    Film Challenge 23/52
    Reading 30/40
  • I've got several!! I have a Fiskars one for cutting cards to size, a small cutter for photos and a guillotine for matting and layering.....
  • nimbonimbo Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Love my fiskars one but it doesn't cut Holes in the middle - although if your dead technical you could probably figure it out.
    The blades chafe dead easy and it has a groove under the balde do the base won't wear out.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • Waterlily24Waterlily24 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    I love my Fiskars cutter too.

I haven't heard of anything that can cut a square in the middle, except a knife and ruler lol. You can get punches that cut out square but the squares are usually quite small and you'd have to have one with a long reach to get to the middle.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides